Darwin shore excursion

Red Haired Lady

Litchfield Escapes tour company - I highly recommend this company 

Fabulous day spent with Will our guide for the Litchfield Park and Jumping Crocodile tour. We had a group of 23 on a 11.5 hour tour. We were picked up at the cruise port and went to the crocodile park first. Great guide in the boat who definitely cared about our safety. The crocs jump right out of the water trying to get the meat dangled above their head. Had snacks after the boat ride. Then we went to Litchfield Park where you could walk to the various swimming sites and waterfalls. He prepared the lunch onsite. Chopped up the veggies for the wraps himself. Lots of variety to eat. Very hot day but that is to be expected. Water provided. This tour was so great in a large part due to the personality and energy of the tour guide, Will. Loved hearing his stories about his time at the cattle station and all of the stories about crocodiles!

The tour was set up by another CC member, but I assumed leadership of it when he cancelled the cruise.  Leanne in the office responds to emails promptly. There were a lot of emails between us as HAL changed the date and time of the port.  She was terrific!

Edited by Red Haired Lady

10 hours ago, Red Haired Lady said:

Litchfield Escapes tour company - I highly recommend this company 

Fabulous day spent with Will our guide for the Litchfield Park and Jumping Crocodile tour. We had a group of 23 on a 11.5 hour tour. We were picked up at the cruise port and went to the crocodile park first. Great guide in the boat who definitely cared about our safety. The crocs jump right out of the water trying to get the meat dangled above their head. Had snacks after the boat ride. Then we went to Litchfield Park where you could walk to the various swimming sites and waterfalls. He prepared the lunch onsite. Chopped up the veggies for the wraps himself. Lots of variety to eat. Very hot day but that is to be expected. Water provided. This tour was so great in a large part due to the personality and energy of the tour guide, Will. Loved hearing his stories about his time at the cattle station and all of the stories about crocodiles!

The tour was set up by another CC member, but I assumed leadership of it when he cancelled the cruise.  Leanne in the office responds to emails promptly. There were a lot of emails between us as HAL changed the date and time of the port.  She was terrific!

It is lovely to receive positive feedback like yours.  Glad you enjoyed your long day trip to Litchfield National Park and the Jumping Crocodiles.  

5 hours ago, eddieg07410 said:

I had looked 8nto this excursions bit unfortunately the length would not provide is sufficient time to do it. We arrive at 12 pm and leave at 12 pm the next day. What were your hours of stay. 

Two half days will limit which you can do.  I would stay around Darwin.  You might like to visit the Darwin Museum and Art Gallery of NT by taxi or local bus.  I usually have a cold drink at the waterfront place next door.   Darwin has beautiful botanical gardens.  Darwin Waterfront Precinct has a wave lagoon and recreation lagoon which is a fun place to cool down in Darwin's tropical hot weather.  I always eat at Chow for a taste of SE Asia. I love Darwin which is a unique multicultural tropical city.