Spa Services - questions about pedicures

PixiTrix

I don't see much description on the spa services. Can anyone give some details on the pedicures? Some say "shellac" and some just say pedicure. Is the shellac referring specifically to the gel variety?

What is the difference between the fire and ice and the Elemis? 

2 hours ago, PixiTrix said:

I don't see much description on the spa services. Can anyone give some details on the pedicures? Some say "shellac" and some just say pedicure. Is the shellac referring specifically to the gel variety?

What is the difference between the fire and ice and the Elemis? 

Shellac does refer to the gel that cures under lights. A plain pedicure uses regular nail polish

Edited by Torfamm

Hi, PixiTrix!   Here’s a little more info, in case you’re still interested.

We traveling sisters have been to the spa for mani/pedi services during each of our four cruises this year, on four different Princess ships.  
All use CND shellac, which is a mix of gel and polish.  It cures under the light box as Torfamm stated.  The pedicure polish lasts many weeks.  We’ve been very, very happy with it.

The Fire and Ice uses hot stone massage and finishes with a cooling gel.  The Elemis uses massage with your choice of two scents, either a frangipani mix or other lighter scent, as I recall.   Both are very nice, and not overpowering at all.  Both massages involve foot up to knee.  

Enjoy!  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, coco2/27 said:

Hi, PixiTrix!   Here’s a little more info, in case you’re still interested.

We traveling sisters have been to the spa for mani/pedi services during each of our four cruises this year, on four different Princess ships.  
All use CND shellac, which is a mix of gel and polish.  It cures under the light box as Torfamm stated.  The pedicure polish lasts many weeks.  We’ve been very, very happy with it.

The Fire and Ice uses hot stone massage and finishes with a cooling gel.  The Elemis uses massage with your choice of two scents, either a frangipani mix or other lighter scent, as I recall.   Both are very nice, and not overpowering at all.  Both massages involve foot up to knee.  

Enjoy!  

Thanks! Did you prefer one over another - Fire and Ice or Elemis? I don't think I can go wrong with either!

We started with the Elimis, but have switched and now prefer the Fire and Ice.  It’s only $10 more, as I recall, but it feels worth it to us, especially with tired feet.  The thought of my scheduled pedicure the next day kept me going on our back-to-back walking tour excursions in Charleston.
I also now have the Elimis Tea Tree S.O.S. spray for a quick foot refresh immediately after our next walking tour!

I’m even considering buying the CND shellac and nail system for my local nail technician to use for my mani / pedi between cruises, as it’s more gentle on my nails, but still long-lasting.

Enjoy whatever pedicure you choose!  It’s a delightful treat, and is now a must on our cruise experience lists😊

• Like 1