Cruise Planner Refunds

Gigi1068

4 hours ago, dada2199cc said:

This is why I'm thinking of just buying OBC up front and using it to book things -- refunds to OBC should be instant, right?  Any experiences?

If I don't use the OBC, I can cash it out on the ship, or put it towards tips, etc.

i've never done it, but if you buy OBC, i don't think you have access to it until you're on the ship. It's like a gift certificate, where if you use one for OBC, you can't use it till you sail. You have to apply it 10 days in advance, but can't use it to book cruise planner items.

Just now, cruisetorelax44 said:

i've never done it, but if you buy OBC, i don't think you have access to it until you're on the ship. It's like a gift certificate, where if you use one for OBC, you can't use it till you sail. You have to apply it 10 days in advance, but can't use it to book cruise planner items.

A few ways you can get OBC on your planner:

1. Shareholder credit
  2. Travel agency bonus
  3. RCCL Credit Card redemption

I'm sure there are others!  My December cruise has $250 right now but I have another $100 coming.

@Biker19might know of other ways to get OBC to apply towards planner purchases.

on board credit.png

Those of you who have not gotten the refunds yet, did you cancel items that you purchased a while ago, but cancelled when you saw the lower sale price to repurchase? I'm wondering if I got my refunds relatively quickly because they were for items I had JUST purchased then changed my mind and went with something else (I bought soda + voom during the sale then changed to beverage package and separately voom). 

43 minutes ago, jbrinkm said:

Those of you who have not gotten the refunds yet, did you cancel items that you purchased a while ago, but cancelled when you saw the lower sale price to repurchase? I'm wondering if I got my refunds relatively quickly because they were for items I had JUST purchased then changed my mind and went with something else (I bought soda + voom during the sale then changed to beverage package and separately voom). 

Nope. Purchased 2 x 1 device internet packages on the 18th because the multiple device packages weren't priced correctly. On the 19th the problem had been fixed so I cancelled those two in order to be able to purchase the 2-device package. 

If it hadn't been for the fact that you can only buy the internet package once per person per voyage, I would just have bought the additional one and waited to cancel the unwanted ones on board. The one and only time in the past where I cancelled cruise planner items it took them 3 months to refund me and only after my TA intervened.

I called today and was told I should have it by Friday.  If not, I will call again Monday or Tuesday.  I really don’t want to pay my card and wait for a refund from AMEX.  I also don’t want to have to go the dispute route but we’ll see what happens over the next few days.

17 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

Nope. Purchased 2 x 1 device internet packages on the 18th because the multiple device packages weren't priced correctly. On the 19th the problem had been fixed so I cancelled those two in order to be able to purchase the 2-device package. 

If it hadn't been for the fact that you can only buy the internet package once per person per voyage, I would just have bought the additional one and waited to cancel the unwanted ones on board. The one and only time in the past where I cancelled cruise planner items it took them 3 months to refund me and only after my TA intervened.

Oh my!

53 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

ooof

so never mind on my proposed theory then...

Thank you for posting. I am also waiting on a refund from 11/18. I canceled and repurchased some items during the sale and my

whole booking got messed up because of a “computer glitch”. The booking is now fixed but no refund as of now. 

16 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Nope....booked a cabana and changed my mind a week after booking and cancelled....didn't rebook. Still no refund as of this morning. 

Edited by bajathree
  • Like 1

On one credit card, I cancelled 3 excursions: 2 on Nov 18 and 1 on Nov 21.  The refund for the cancellation on Nov 21 posted this morning, still nothing from the ones cancelled on Nov 18. 

On another credit card, I cancelled 1 excursion on Nov 18 and 1 on Nov 20.  No refund as of this morning for either of these.  🤔

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nu_cruzer1 said:

On one credit card, I cancelled 3 excursions: 2 on Nov 18 and 1 on Nov 21.  The refund for the cancellation on Nov 21 posted this morning, still nothing from the ones cancelled on Nov 18. 

On another credit card, I cancelled 1 excursion on Nov 18 and 1 on Nov 20.  No refund as of this morning for either of these.  🤔

Thanks for sharing.  11/18 seems to be a common denominator, RCI was completely broken that day…lol. That seems to be the date most are waiting for refunds from.

I sent an email to RoyalGuestRelations@rccl.com this morning.  I’m hoping this helps my situation because I don’t feel like talking to another phone rep.

• Like 2

I just received the following email response.

“Our teams are working diligently to process all refunds. These currently take around 14 business days from request or cancellation date, with some taking a little longer based on your financial institution. We appreciate your patience.”

I did mine on Nov. 20th, did not get a confirmation of cancellation on old  orders, I can see  the order was cancelled in my planner, but one item is not there. If I try to purchase the item it wont let me.

Royal says they can see it. I have not gotten my refund yet either. 

3 minutes ago, Gigi1068 said:

I just received the following email response.

“Our teams are working diligently to process all refunds. These currently take around 14 business days from request or cancellation date, with some taking a little longer based on your financial institution. We appreciate your patience.”

Thank you for the update 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, katsn1011 said:

I did mine on Nov. 20th, did not get a confirmation of cancellation on old  orders, I can see  the order was cancelled in my planner, but one item is not there. If I try to purchase the item it wont let me.

Royal says they can see it. I have not gotten my refund yet either. 

Thanks for sharing.  I find it truly baffling for RCI to be such a large and established corporation that they have such inept IT.