Private taxi recommendations to hire for a day?

Jezo

Can't seem to find much, a few links are around but they are 10 or 15 years old.  Does anyone have any recommendations for a taxi we could hire for a day and go see things for the day while in port with RCL?

Edited by Jezo

Been to St Kitts twice now (most recently this past March) and each time have utilized the services of Leo Christopher.  He has lived in St Kitts all his life, is a very safe driver, knows lots about the native fauna and flora, and each time has shown us something different. You can email him directly at christopherom95@gmail.com.  Highly recommend. Tell him Carol says Hi

• Like 1

18 hours ago, lynncarol said:

Been to St Kitts twice now (most recently this past March) and each time have utilized the services of Leo Christopher.  He has lived in St Kitts all his life, is a very safe driver, knows lots about the native fauna and flora, and each time has shown us something different. You can email him directly at christopherom95@gmail.com.  Highly recommend. Tell him Carol says Hi

Another vote for Leo…..

For using Leo, how many hours did you go out for and what did you do?

I sent an email so want to come up with some kind of plan, I dont know much which is why we want to get something like this.  Will be in port from 8 - 6.  Dont want to spend that entire time but do want to take a nice chunk of the day to drive around and get a sampling of the island.

We went with Leo twice.  The first time it was just my husband and myself and we wanted to see the fort, the black rocks, and the sugar mill ruins/plantation.  Once we realized that Leo also knew a lot about the local flora we added that to our outing (highlight: he showed us an ancient Santo Domingo mahogany tree - most of which are now extinct- that was growing out of a sidewalk along a street). The second time we were with a group of five and, deferring to the wishes of our friends, we took a walk in the jungle, chilled with rum drinks at the plantation, and spent time at the black rocks.  So, in other word, he will be happy to accommodate whatever you want to do.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like we have Leo booked for the day so will report back in a month with our results!  He seems very pleasant over email so that is a good start.  Looking forward to seeing what the whole day will bring, hardest part now is waiting for the day to finally arrive.

• 1 month later...

Reporting back if anyone is still watching this or cares.

We went with Leo for almost the whole day at port and I just wanted to say he was the absolute highlight of our entire 10 day cruise.  He was the best tour guide we have ever had in any of our travels.  He knew so much about everything and his knowledge of the local plants and fruits was fascinating.

My only regret is that we only had the chance to spend 6 hours with him.  If we ever go back to St. Kitts we will 100% go see more with him and I would recommend him to anyone wanting a wonderful tour of the island.

His current pricing is $40 an hour for 1 - however many people you have for his van, set the number of hours and price with him to begin with, and if you do go over he wont charge more, he is most concerned about showing you his island and telling you all the history over cutting it short and taking you back.  You set the locations you want to visit and will need the extra cash to pay for entry for them, since he is the taxi driver he gets in free.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/22/2023 at 7:49 AM, Jezo said:

Reporting back if anyone is still watching this or cares.

We went with Leo for almost the whole day at port and I just wanted to say he was the absolute highlight of our entire 10 day cruise.  He was the best tour guide we have ever had in any of our travels.  He knew so much about everything and his knowledge of the local plants and fruits was fascinating.

My only regret is that we only had the chance to spend 6 hours with him.  If we ever go back to St. Kitts we will 100% go see more with him and I would recommend him to anyone wanting a wonderful tour of the island.

His current pricing is $40 an hour for 1 - however many people you have for his van, set the number of hours and price with him to begin with, and if you do go over he wont charge more, he is most concerned about showing you his island and telling you all the history over cutting it short and taking you back.  You set the locations you want to visit and will need the extra cash to pay for entry for them, since he is the taxi driver he gets in free.

How far in advance did you reach out to Leo?  Thanks

9 hours ago, texswamper said:

How far in advance did you reach out to Leo?  Thanks

If one wishes to spend the day with the “in demand” Leo, then suggest, to avoid a disappointment, it’s best to book before another person does.  Have booked 8/9 months in advance.  

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

If one wishes to spend the day with the “in demand” Leo, then suggest, to avoid a disappointment, it’s best to book before another person does.  Have booked 8/9 months in advance.  

Thanks, we will be visiting in February 2024 so I'll reach out soon.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Perky1 said:

@Jezo So if we had 4 people and wanted a 6 hour tour the total cost would be $240.  We would have to pay our entry fee into Brimstone? Or any other entry fees?

You can put as many people as you want into the van for the same price, 1, 2, 6, his cost is per hour.

You then decide what you want to do and pay whatever fees might be needed.  He'll let you know all of this saying things like if you don't want to go to Brimstone because it costs whatever bucks to get in he will skip it and take you someplace else.  He's a tour guide so he doesn't have to pay or be paid for (and he seems to know everyone on the island) so it's all up to you with what you want to do.