DVD Players still on Volendam?

coachmouchet

I believe the last ship to covert to new TV system was Zaandam this summer. The TVs are now on the wall so I don't think any access to port connections either. But the on demand movies have a decent selection since the TV selection is limited. 

From Reova's response, I don't understand whether Volendam has converted to the new TV system yet--have they?

For smart aleck ski ww, A lot of us enjoy movies and sports events on the new TVs.  We have no interest in sitting in the shows offered, next to coughing, wheezing passengers who refuse to wear masks.  Plus the other options of viewing your bill, menus ,etc. are very handy on the new TVs.  We have no interest in smart phones for such things.  And we cruise for weeks at a time.

• Like 6

I thought that I had read the TVs were upgraded to the new interactive ones (with no more DVD players in the rooms).  I guess I'll find out in a few weeks.  There are 4 sea days on our cruise so I can guarantee that there will be some time spent watching a couple of movies and NFL games (especially since it'll be during the fantasy playoffs).

1 hour ago, 12cruise2 said:

From Reova's response, I don't understand whether Volendam has converted to the new TV system yet--have they?

For smart aleck ski ww, A lot of us enjoy movies and sports events on the new TVs.  We have no interest in sitting in the shows offered, next to coughing, wheezing passengers who refuse to wear masks.  Plus the other options of viewing your bill, menus ,etc. are very handy on the new TVs.  We have no interest in smart phones for such things.  And we cruise for weeks at a time.

I was responding to the DVD part. We also turn on the TV when in the room to change, viewing your bill is handy, but don't need a DVD for that. We also don't have smart phones, and we also take longer cruises. If I wanted to watch movies I would stay home, we cruise to see, do, and experience things we don't or can't do at home; i.e. an interesting guest speaker. 

I appreciate the response.  Usually after dinner later in the evening, our youngest child likes to put on a movie before bed.  So, just wondering if I needed to bring movies or not.  I do agree from above, HAL has a great selection of movies.

15 hours ago, ski ww said:

Who goes on a cruise to watch TV?

Well, it isnt just a TV. It is the weather at a glance, you can view the MDR menu, you can check out excursions, you can see the ships direction, speed etc. You can watch a movie if you like, they often have a new release, and who goes to a theater any more, right? And on April Fools day, what a crack up, the hilarity that they post is worth it just to look at.