Is there a priority check-in area in Los Angeles/San Pedro cruise terminal?

Visigoth

11 hours ago, Visigoth said:

Is there a priority line and/or waiting area for Platinum level Latitudes members at the Los Angeles/San Pedro cruise terminal?

The only time I sailed out of San Pedro was just after COVID restart, so there was the testing process, then a staging area before you could even enter the terminal.  Once inside, the CAS/Platinum and above check-in was ahead and to the right after you go through security.

• Thanks 1

I boarded the Bliss just last month.  It was my first sailing as a Platinum and I was excited to get priority boarding….The whole embarkation process was one of the worst I have ever seen (the worse being another boarding in San Pedro on another line so maybe it’s the port)?  Anyway, other than signs and an area for Haven cabins, there was NO signage for any other priority.  I asked several people and got no response other than wait in the main line…most had no idea what I was even talking about.  Frustrated, I stood in the main line that took about an hour to get thru.  Don’t get me started with the clusterf#&@k that was the NCL airport shuttle at LAX.  Not a great way to start a cruise.  Hopefully your experience will be a better one.

1 hour ago, quillwercruisers said:

We boarded the Bliss 10/25/22 and didn't have any problems locating the signs for priority boarding once we got through security.

We’re you Haven, Platinum or +, or did you have Priority Access?  Curious as our upcoming Bliss/LAX will also be our first Platinum boarding.  Thanks.

2 hours ago, chefchick said:

I boarded the Bliss just last month.  It was my first sailing as a Platinum and I was excited to get priority boarding….The whole embarkation process was one of the worst I have ever seen (the worse being another boarding in San Pedro on another line so maybe it’s the port)?  Anyway, other than signs and an area for Haven cabins, there was NO signage for any other priority.  I asked several people and got no response other than wait in the main line…most had no idea what I was even talking about.  Frustrated, I stood in the main line that took about an hour to get thru.  Don’t get me started with the clusterf#&@k that was the NCL airport shuttle at LAX.  Not a great way to start a cruise.  Hopefully your experience will be a better one.

I don't blame you for being frustrated!

Unfortunately, even at the new Miami port, they don't seem to care about embarkations (and disembarkations).  When they said over the PA, "Platinum members may now board," it showed that the port workers DO NOT have a clue!  It seems that NCL hasn't bothered to give them a scripted pattern for embarkation procedures.

It seems too logical to actually allow the tiers to board based on higher-to-lower status, which we have been lead to believe, by NCL, should matter.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, laudergayle said:

We’re you Haven, Platinum or +, or did you have Priority Access?  Curious as our upcoming Bliss/LAX will also be our first Platinum boarding.  Thanks.

We were Platinum.  The worker tried to send us to the regular line, but I just said we were platinum and then I saw the signs.

On 11/28/2022 at 12:13 AM, Visigoth said:

Is there a priority line and/or waiting area for Platinum level Latitudes members at the Los Angeles/San Pedro cruise terminal?

We boarded the Bliss on Dec 2 from San Pedro. We didn't see any Latitude tiers on any signs. The CAS and The Haven lines were the first lines, then I saw a Priority Access line but it didn't elaborate if that included the usual Latitude tiers or it was the paid PA. After that it sorted by deck numbers, half in one and half in the other. Our deck line was short so I justed jumped in that and we were checked in within 10 minutes.

I assume that you'd use the Priority Access line for the Platinum embarkation perk. If our deck line was long I'd have tried that. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, miztressuz said:

We boarded the Bliss on Dec 2 from San Pedro. We didn't see any Latitude tiers on any signs. The CAS and The Haven lines were the first lines, then I saw a Priority Access line but it didn't elaborate if that included the usual Latitude tiers or it was the paid PA. After that it sorted by deck numbers, half in one and half in the other. Our deck line was short so I justed jumped in that and we were checked in within 10 minutes.

I assume that you'd use the Priority Access line for the Platinum embarkation perk. If our deck line was long I'd have tried that. 

Thank You!

• 3 months later...

Looking to see if anyone can give a more recent experience on this at the San Pedro terminal. Has anything changed with signage for the Latitudes status priority boarding checkin line? I sail Sunday on the Bliss from this port.  Thanks much. 

3 hours ago, mearsfansinboise said:

@kdmbluerzr Fellow Idahoan and on the same sailing with you! 😎

Yes!  There are 3 other friends of mine from Pocatello that will be on this trip as well! We will all be at the M&G, slot pull and cabin crawl.  Hope to meet and many other soon!  

Karla

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/28/2022 at 4:09 PM, chefchick said:

Do you recall if there was a separate entrance for Haven? 

On 3/23/2023 at 11:42 AM, kdmbluerzr said:

Looking to see if anyone can give a more recent experience on this at the San Pedro terminal. Has anything changed with signage for the Latitudes status priority boarding checkin line? I sail Sunday on the Bliss from this port.  Thanks much. 

What was your recent experience? 

Edited by Candy Apple 12

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/4/2023 at 12:12 PM, Candy Apple 12 said:

Do you recall if there was a separate entrance for Haven? 

What was your recent experience? 

My apologies for not repsonding sooner. I have not been on CC since I got off that cruise.

Our experience with both embark and disembark were great. Quick and easy for both. And there was priority embarkation for lattitudes levels. By now you have already been on your cruise.