Can you arrange luggage shipping while on QM2?

kshannon5

We are planning on not forwarding excess luggage back home once we arrive in Southampton, although we'll be travelling in Europe afterwards.

In the case we decide whilst onboard to spend the extra to ship some back after all, can we arrange that through concierge/purser? Or must it be arranged only ahead of the voyage? 

This past summer, we were able to make arrangements onboard to ship our luggage from Red Hook to our home in Washington, DC. But unlike previous years when, as Roy wrote, the purser took care of this, we had to contact Luggage Forward ourselves. And because the wifi on QM2 was slow and unreliable, it was only with the librarian's help that we were able to jump through the hoops necessary to get everything settled. The ship will almost certainly not weigh your bags. In our case a rough estimate was all that was required.    

• Like 1

We carry a luggage scale with us whenever we travel. You hook it onto the handle and then lift. It has been very accurate. It fits easily in the front pocket of our luggage and weighs next to nothing. It allows me to pack without worry. I believe I bought it at a Staples store.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...