Concerns about Egypt itin

milepig

No, not security.  I just pulled the trigger and made a deposit for Arabia next fall.  A large part of the reason is that Luxor is a bucket list item. The Luxor overnight is already waitlisted, with no other options. My TA says not to worry WS will work it out, go ahead about pay the $2000 to get on the waitlist. Would it be better to just cancel and do somthing else?

Edited by milepig

Egypt is amazing, I have been there twice. Both times we did a land tour rather than a cruise. My personal opinion is that you will see so much more on a land tour which almost always includes a Nile River cruise. If you choose to do the WS tour, then I guess you listen to the TA and wait it out at least for a few months. I assume you get your deposit back?

2 hours ago, 3kidslater said:

Egypt is amazing, I have been there twice. Both times we did a land tour rather than a cruise. My personal opinion is that you will see so much more on a land tour which almost always includes a Nile River cruise. If you choose to do the WS tour, then I guess you listen to the TA and wait it out at least for a few months. I assume you get your deposit back?

Thanks.  It's less the thought of "not doing the tour" and more of if WS doesn't add more space.  I have now seen that there are various day trips you can book privately and that may be my backup.

When we did this cruise on the Pride a few years back, the Luxor overnight was a part of the package - the entire ship went on the overnight - 6 buses and a spare. So they can definitely do the tour with more people.

4 hours ago, r&rd said:

When we did this cruise on the Pride a few years back, the Luxor overnight was a part of the package - the entire ship went on the overnight - 6 buses and a spare. So they can definitely do the tour with more people.

As in part of the price?  Now it's extra.

47 minutes ago, r&rd said:

Yes, it was included in the fare. But it was an amazing trip - Valley of the Kings, Luxor, lunch on the Nile.

Was this the continuation of the itinerary from Singapore to Doha? If so, we were on board for that and it was indeed magical. SW had just taken ownership of the Pride, and that part was a bit rocky with much reworking to do, but the crew was absolutely top notch, and the passenger load was light. All sorts of top brass were onboard.

We have done a version of this cruise twice, Dubai to Athens and Athens to Singapore. The first time the Luxor trip was included, all tours in Luxor as well as a night a great Hilton with riverside dinner we’re all part of the package, magical. The second opportunity cost was $400 and we passed, a mistake. Not much to do in Safaga. 
However you get to Luxor, do it. Windstar has gotten pricy and there  are a number of private tour options at a much lower price but I think Windstar will do it right and safely 

2 hours ago, Barrycat said:

We have done a version of this cruise twice, Dubai to Athens and Athens to Singapore. The first time the Luxor trip was included, all tours in Luxor as well as a night a great Hilton with riverside dinner we’re all part of the package, magical. The second opportunity cost was $400 and we passed, a mistake. Not much to do in Safaga. 
However you get to Luxor, do it. Windstar has gotten pricy and there  are a number of private tour options at a much lower price but I think Windstar will do it right and safely 

LOL. From the map it looks like there are maybe 2 streets. My TA has contacts with tour companies in case WS doesn’t come through. The price is very high for the WS option, but in this case the convenience means a lot. I’ve told my TA that we expect the Yacht Club discount. That should be a hoot. 

Edited by milepig