Pre cruise tour waitlist ?

Lucas Mom

We are booked on the "Iceland and Scotland Adventure" cruise for July 2023.  I wanted to add the pre tour in London but it is waitlisted.  My TA has put us on the waitlist.  My question is - how likely is it that we will we clear the waitlist?  I don't have any experience with being on a wait list before.  Thanks so much.

21 minutes ago, Lucas Mom said:

We are booked on the "Iceland and Scotland Adventure" cruise for July 2023.  I wanted to add the pre tour in London but it is waitlisted.  My TA has put us on the waitlist.  My question is - how likely is it that we will we clear the waitlist?  I don't have any experience with being on a wait list before.  Thanks so much.

Your post is unreadable with that font.

43 minutes ago, Lucas Mom said:

Did you ask what your position on the waiting list is?   That will give you a better sense of your odds of clearing.  You can recheck that periodically but likely you won't see much movement until the penalty dates and full payment dates for the cruise kick in.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Lucas Mom said:

We’ve never been waitlisted for pre- or post cruise tours, but in our experience Oceania can add additional spaces to the overland tours if it’s a lot of interest. It happened in Egypt for us. Ask your TA to find out how many people and what’s your position on the wait list, and if it’s a chance Oceania can add more spaces.

And I agree, it will be easier to read your post if you use bigger font when you post next time.

Industry wide the average is 1 in 3 booked cruises are actually taken. Oceania is probably close to average. The Roll Calls are full of people that book and later cancel. By final payment date you’ll most likely clear waitlist, the odds are in your favor. Keep watching the tour’s status.

Thanks for your responses.  Sorry about the font - I've always used it (comic sans) and have never had problems before - and it looks completely normal on my computer.  I've actually decided to just go ahead and book our own pre-cruise tour and after pricing everything out, even factoring in paying for the deviation fee, it will cost just over half the price of the Oceania tour.  

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lucas Mom said:

Thanks for your responses.  Sorry about the font - I've always used it (comic sans) and have never had problems before - and it looks completely normal on my computer.  I've actually decided to just go ahead and book our own pre-cruise tour and after pricing everything out, even factoring in paying for the deviation fee, it will cost just over half the price of the Oceania tour.  

When part of my duties at work included Webmaster, thankfully I only had to worry about how our website looked on Windows in addition to the Macs that we designed it on.  But now, tablets and phones mean there are so many variations!  The Cruise Critic default font and size seem to take all that into account [to a great degree], but once you force a particular choice that looks good on your screen, it may be unreadable elsewhere.  [At least you didn't use purple and italic!]