Using the App on the ship

PineappleTraveler

First time cruising next year. Once you've boarded, is there a need to use your Celebrity App? I'm assuming internet is necessary for that, but I understand the ship wifi is pretty unreliable. I don't need email or social media but did you find you needed internet to show reservations or anything once you leave port? Thanks!

The app operates under the free ships intranet.    It of course will also work over the two paid types of internet.

I enjoy the app on the ship to check the menu's, book and cancel Excursion, Dinner reservations etc as well as ability to check your room account anytime you wish.

You do not need it but some of us enjoy being connected.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Even when the internet goes down the app/intranet will work (in my experience).  I've sailed 85 nights on X since the restart, generally speaking the internet connectivity is pretty good, it's the speed that isn't good except during roughly10pm-6am.  However, all the ships are getting StarLink (Beyond and Eclipse already have it, Edge and Apex are up next) which we're all hoping should greatly speed things up

• Thanks 1