Looking for a tour

richbum

For Christmas, I would like to give my daughter, son in law, and grandson an excursion. Grandson will be 15 months. Looking at Carnivals list of excursions, there is a "Calypso Train" tour of the city that they might like. Does anyone know of a similar excursion that is not through the ship?  Below is a description of what the Carnival one offers. 

"

DETAILS

Step aboard the charming Calypso Train and explore Belize City by open-air trolley train. See the Baron Bliss Lighthouse, named after the man buried in a tomb near its base. You'll witness stark contrasts, from affluent residential districts to the working class neighborhoods. Continue downtown where you'll pass St. John's Cathedral, Central America's first Anglican church, originally built in 1812. St. John’s Cathedral is also known as one of Belize's oldest surviving buildings. Then cross over the iconic Swing Bridge, the only manually operated bridge of its kind in the world. Your return route takes you pass Memorial Park, which honors the fallen soldiers of World War I, in route to the Tourism Village pier side where you can enjoy free time shopping for local handcrafts and souvenirs.

Thanks in advance for your help!

For a 15 month old, probably about as reasonable excursion as you can get.  Too young for cave tubing and wouldn't know what a Maya ruin is.  But if daughter and son-in-law like the beach, look for a beach(not a snorkeling/beach break) excursion to one of the cayes.  Grandson, might like playing in the sand.