LIVE from Viking Sea - West Indies to Iberia (BCN--SJU) Dec. 3--Dec. 17

FetaCheese

49 minutes ago, TayanaLorna said:

Use of a very nice gym is free.  Use of the amazing thermal spa is free whereas other cruise lines charge buco dollars.  What do you want free manicures and pressing service too?

I don’t know what cruise lines you go on? I’ve never been on one that charges for the use of the gym can you name one? I’ve been on ones with free and payed spas btw not “buco” dollars. I want a cruise line that puts it out there online and elsewhere that they don’t “ Nickel and dime” to not nickel and dime over situation like this. That’s just my opinion! Btw I don’t get manicures and they’re many other cruise lines where you can get free pressing and free laundry service so I guess at the end of the day it’s what one thinks Nickel and diming means to you and that certainly qualifies for me to charge $10 for a stretching class. Again JMO!

• Like 3

Thanks for the great posts & updates.

We're boarding the Venus in Barcelona in 3 weeks, so a few questions:

Uber works well in Barcelona, or use taxis?

We're also staying in boutique hotel near Las Ramblas for 2 nights, so what's good time to arrive at port to board, around 11 am?  Sorry, our first Viking Ocean, & Our boarding pass doesn't state boarding time.

Nice cool weather in Barcelona...?

How's the ship riding in open Atlantic ocean, once you've pass the Strait of Gilbraltar?  Asking for a friend...

Thanks,

5 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

Thanks for the great posts & updates.

We're boarding the Venus in Barcelona in 3 weeks, so a few questions:

Uber works well in Barcelona, or use taxis?

We're also staying in boutique hotel near Las Ramblas for 2 nights, so what's good time to arrive at port to board, around 11 am?  Sorry, our first Viking Ocean, & Our boarding pass doesn't state boarding time.

Nice cool weather in Barcelona...?

How's the ship riding in open Atlantic ocean, once you've pass the Strait of Gilbraltar?  Asking for a friend...

Thanks,

Uber in BCN is both yellow taxis and reg Uber.  Used both  but Uber better. Tried to use Uber X from hotel to port, but ride never accepted, so hailed a Taxi.  It

cost more because as tourists yellow taxi took us the long way to port.

Refer To V docs for boarding time.  We arrived at 1, right behind a huge tour bus, so waited a bit in line to check in.

Weather 1st week Dec was cool but mild, not cold.

Our crossing from Gran Canaria was relatively calm.  Some minor occasional rolling/pitching, but never rough seas.  

Edited by FetaCheese
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 4:16 PM, TayanaLorna said:

Use of a very nice gym is free.  Use of the amazing thermal spa is free whereas other cruise lines charge buco dollars.  What do you want free manicures and pressing service too?

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to not be charged for fitness classes. Viking will never be considered a luxury line while doing that (and a few other things, as well)

• Like 1

On 12/20/2022 at 8:32 PM, purpleally said:

I don’t think it’s unreasonable to not be charged for fitness classes. Viking will never be considered a luxury line while doing that (and a few other things, as well)

I was on this cruise and I feel that they really didn't offer enough to do.  There was only  ONE exercise class- it was at 8 am and had maybe 10 people in it.  It was yoga....I am not a fan.  Anyway,  I love to read so I am never bored and the weather was wonderfully warm for the sea days so it was relaxing.  I just feel like viking could offer more to do and better entertainment.  The ship is elegant but relatively small.  Never had any problem finding a comfortable seat.  Never had a problem finding something delicious to eat.  We went for forced relaxation and we received it so all good here.