Main Dining Room - table for two

regan3

11 minutes ago, regan3 said:

Does Holland America have tables for two in their main dining room?

If so how does one request/book?

Yes, of course.  Just walk in and the front desk will seat you.  At busy times, you may have a slight wait.

We have always done any time dining, asking for "a table for two, no sharing". On cruises that are not fully booked we have had short wait times, if any. Our last cruise, on a full Koningsdam, we found that by showing up around 6:30 the waits were only 5-15 minutes. Show up earlier, and the lines were too long for us to even bother getting on the wait list. We would just go have a drink and come back later.

• Like 1

I just got off a HAL cruise, my first since Covid, and for the first time I selected a set dining time.  In the past I always wanted the "freedom" of anytime dining, but fixed dining was a revelation for me.  It was lovely to have a set table, for two, the same table each night with the same neighbors around us and the same servers.  Looking around there were lots of two-tops in the third-floor dining room, where fixed diners eat.  We never even waited to be seated, just walked in and right to "our" table.

The new (how new is it?) Club Orange makes it even more difficult for anytime diners, the lines are longer since Club Orange members have a separate line and are seated before everyone else.

Edited by euro cruiser

HAL has been very accommodating on 3 cruises we've taken this year. The 1st night we speak to the head Maitre'd and let him/her know what time we would like to come to dinner (anytime option), and also where we would like to sit, always table for 2. Our table is generally available withing 10 minutes of our chosen time. Don't be afraid to ask, they are always very helpful!