Seascape Maiden Voyage Nov 19 from Rome to NYC

MaisonRose

I’m going to write a review soon but here are some observations:

Our deluxe balcony cabin does not have Kleenex.

contrary to earlier messages,  there are wash cloths.

The cast show called PREMIERE is most excellent: be sure to sign up.

The Marketplace buffet is a zoo at lunch time and the alternative Green Wave restaurant has short hours and on sea days is overwhelmed.  There is one soup choice per day and only Lentil was GF.

Tea is off brand but very good and the water is extra hot!

Gluten Free is basically in the Green Wave Restaurant and breads GF are plastic packages that are thawed in a microwave.

There have been no obvious signs that the Seascape is on it’s first sailing. EXCEPT the inevitable odors of « new » fibers. This ship is gorgeous and the staff delightful.

Watching the World Cup matches in the Sports Bar is the most popular activity.

Drinks are expensive.

The ship is very very noisy except in the cabins.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, steamboats said:

MSC got rid of the Kleenex boxes in 2019 (pre pandemic) - at least in Europe. They might add them for US sailings.

steamboats

We had tissue box in the holder under the sink and spare box in the cabinet .. on MSC Grandiosa , Med Cruise , in October 2022 from Barcelona.

2 hours ago, SirWolf said:

We had tissue box in the holder under the sink and spare box in the cabinet .. on MSC Grandiosa , Med Cruise , in October 2022 from Barcelona.

Interesting, I didn´t have one on the Grandiosa for the christening in November 2019 although the holders were still there.

There were no holders or boxes on the MSC Seashore in September 2021 (Med cruise).

steamboats

20 minutes ago, steamboats said:

Interesting, I didn´t have one on the Grandiosa for the christening in November 2019 although the holders were still there.

There were no holders or boxes on the MSC Seashore in September 2021 (Med cruise).

steamboats

** OFF-topic **

I am not surprised..

MSC is known for mastering Inconsistency..

it’s their speciality.. 😂

I have learned not to assume to get the same service and/or cruising experience on every ship.

We usually book Yacht Club and noticed an up-and-down in service on almost every ship during the last 5 years.. most changes were not for the good..

We still sail with MSC .. but lowered our expectations..

• Prices of Yacht Club are going up

• Perks are reduced

• Service is going down

MSC needs to pay attention and listen to passengers .. every product needs some new ideas and improvements .. promising in brochure and not delivering onboard won’t work for a long time.

While sailing in Yacht Club I noticed lack of training of waiters and butlers. Work performance starts with motivation by middle management. Some restaurant managers and head butlers didn’t motivate and train their teams adequately.

(.. just My 2 cents ..)

** End OFF-topic**

• Thanks 1