RCL HARMONY VS RCL LIBERTY VS NCL ESCAPE

tranntb08

Firstly, We are family of 3, mid 30-50 couple with 2 yrs old daughter, living in Canada. 

I have been tracking down on a few cruises for 4 months for a family trip on our first cruise next April/ May 2023. I have come down to 3 options that best suit my needs.

My preferences: we prefer ship touring, splash water park or activities for toddlers to burn her energy, we personally love lively atmosphere on the ship, not party ones.

Excursions: we love beaches of course and easy activities with historic sites or zoo, parks for my daughter to get in touch with nature.

Harmony of the Seas Apr 29, Balcony room , around $2800. This is my most favorite by far but the price is highest.

Liberty of the Seas: May 13, Inside: $1500. The cheapest one. My initial plan but I screwed up on booking it when it was $1200 so that I am a bit shaky for this itinerary now because it's my least favorite.

Norwegian Escape: Apr 30, Balcony, $2200: Cheaper option for Eastern Caribbean with more attractive ports for myself but less interested ship. The price is decent with "dining option, internet and 50$ excursion" deal.

I am debating between either Bermuda or Eastern Caribbean. I am more biased on Eastern Caribbean itineraries because I am a beach lover especially with powdery sands and pristine water * knocked down*.

My question are

1. NCL Escape is a good ship for family, especially for 2 years-old girl to enjoy, splash pad, water activities preferred. I have heard about NCL ships smell smokes quite often ( apologies if I am wrong), free dining options are less than Harmony/ Liberty. Things seem more expensive on board.

2. Liberty worn out as per some recent passengers's feedbacks, is it the current fact?

3. Harmony: last resource but most favorite.

Thanks so much for reading my rants. I really need help from previous experts on these options.

All the best to everyone.

On 12/1/2022 at 1:34 PM, tranntb08 said:

Firstly, We are family of 3, mid 30-50 couple with 2 yrs old daughter, living in Canada. 

I have been tracking down on a few cruises for 4 months for a family trip on our first cruise next April/ May 2023. I have come down to 3 options that best suit my needs.

My preferences: we prefer ship touring, splash water park or activities for toddlers to burn her energy, we personally love lively atmosphere on the ship, not party ones.

Excursions: we love beaches of course and easy activities with historic sites or zoo, parks for my daughter to get in touch with nature.

Harmony of the Seas Apr 29, Balcony room , around $2800. This is my most favorite by far but the price is highest.

Liberty of the Seas: May 13, Inside: $1500. The cheapest one. My initial plan but I screwed up on booking it when it was $1200 so that I am a bit shaky for this itinerary now because it's my least favorite.

Norwegian Escape: Apr 30, Balcony, $2200: Cheaper option for Eastern Caribbean with more attractive ports for myself but less interested ship. The price is decent with "dining option, internet and 50$ excursion" deal.

I am debating between either Bermuda or Eastern Caribbean. I am more biased on Eastern Caribbean itineraries because I am a beach lover especially with powdery sands and pristine water * knocked down*.

My question are

1. NCL Escape is a good ship for family, especially for 2 years-old girl to enjoy, splash pad, water activities preferred. I have heard about NCL ships smell smokes quite often ( apologies if I am wrong), free dining options are less than Harmony/ Liberty. Things seem more expensive on board.

2. Liberty worn out as per some recent passengers's feedbacks, is it the current fact?

3. Harmony: last resource but most favorite.

Thanks so much for reading my rants. I really need help from previous experts on these options.

All the best to everyone.

Figure out exactly what the free dining on NCL covers.  For us, on a balcony 12 day cruise its 3 meals for the first and second guest in each cabin.   I found NCL's free food to be much weaker than the free food on other lines and their dining seems really expensive now compared to our last cruise, especially for kids too old for kids meals.  On my cruise we have a lot of port days, so I'm thinking we'll eat a lot of meals off the ship and I'll make due in the buffett on the other days.  There were good carving stations of roast turkey and other roast meat, plus the ethnic food was quite good in the buffett but overall I was disappointed in the free food in their mdr.    

I was on the Star and on that ship didn't notice smoke more than on other lines but that's something the reviews on your ship would note.  

Would you and your child want to use the Royal Tot drop off nursery (not sure if that's available on your chosen cruises).    

Edited by kitkat343
  • Like 1