the lobby

48 minutes ago, foxfilbert said:

hi all,

going on a cruise on the pacific encounter and wandering if the cake and sandwiches are in with the price like on princess or thanks are they an extra cost in the lobby, Lillys and Charlie bar thanks

Agree unfortunately all the free stuff on Princess like the food in the level 5 cafe, burger bar, and pizzas are all charged for on P&O. Everything except the main dinning rooms and the pantry (Horizon) come at a cost. And even in the dinning rooms they have prices on some menu items.

This really bothered me when I recently went on the Encounter, more than it probably should have 🤣

What I simply cannot understand is, with so much free food onboard, why do people pay for a sandwich or piece of cake? I understand why you would attend a speciality venue for dinner but I've never quite understood buying a piece of cake when there are so many cake options about 20 hours a day!?!

Because they're free on Princess, I eat them, even when I'm not hungry hahahaha.

• Like 1

thanks for the answers it is a shame there not in the price like princess i suppose that's why p o is a bit cheaper fare wise.

like mum and son posted not sure why people pay for food when there's so much free stuff, they must sell a lot, or they would not have them.

33 minutes ago, foxfilbert said:

thanks for the answers it is a shame there not in the price like princess i suppose that's why p o is a bit cheaper fare wise.

like mum and son posted not sure why people pay for food when there's so much free stuff, they must sell a lot, or they would not have them.

I can't understand it either.  I wouldn't pay when I've already paid for food.  If you are starving, you can buy food of your choice at ports of call.  

42 minutes ago, foxfilbert said:

One way or another you are paying. Inclusive on Princess, or per item on P&O.