In one terminal, out the other

cangelmd

Quick question- we think we are sailing from the old terminal and coming back to the Edge terminal This will also be our first time parking at FLL. Can we drop off our bags with the porters, then circle around, park and shuttle back, OR do we have to park first and shuttle with our luggage?

DH is peeved that we can’t fly. Even with Delta 2 for 1 companion tickets, our flights were $750. Regular price for 2, main cabin, was almost $1500 from Mobile to FLL. I know it’s spring break, but crikers!

You're going right through the Villages.  You could explore parking there and getting one of the shuttle services to bring you in.  I think it's pricey but many folks use them to avoid the hassle to which you refer.

Another option is rental cars. Many of the agencies permit free drops within Florida.  The PNS airport is about 18 miles from the Alabama line.  MIght want to check fares out of PNS also.  AA offers two non-stops to FLL.  Delta may be cheaper than MOB, but it's still through ATL.  Bob 

11 hours ago, marieps said:

You're going right through the Villages.  You could explore parking there and getting one of the shuttle services to bring you in.  I think it's pricey but many folks use them to avoid the hassle to which you refer.

11 hours ago, BSinPNS said:

Another option is rental cars. Many of the agencies permit free drops within Florida.  The PNS airport is about 18 miles from the Alabama line.  MIght want to check fares out of PNS also.  AA offers two non-stops to FLL.  Delta may be cheaper than MOB, but it's still through ATL.  Bob 

Thanks for the replies. I thought it highly likely we could leave the bags at the terminal.

I will look at the Villages, I have a rough idea of how far it is. Our biggest consideration is getting an early start, in order to make it home that day (we will spend a night on the way down).

Bob, we’ve done rentals to Atl from Mob when flying international, it can be a great option, but this time we want to get on the road ASAP. We checked PNS first thing, it was maybe $25-30 less a ticket. I don’t think DH looked at AA. We were trying to use companion tickets, so the $760ish is a 2 for 1 price! I think the problem is spring break, it’s just really expensive.

PNS and Gulfport used to be our cheaper options, but it’s uncommon now for either to be enough cheaper to make it worth the drive (we live in WeMo, about 10 minutes from the airport). Everyone hopes when the new airport opens, the airfare will be the same. It will be actually less convenient for us.

4 hours ago, cangelmd said:

Thanks for the replies. I thought it highly likely we could leave the bags at the terminal.

I will look at the Villages, I have a rough idea of how far it is. Our biggest consideration is getting an early start, in order to make it home that day (we will spend a night on the way down).

Bob, we’ve done rentals to Atl from Mob when flying international, it can be a great option, but this time we want to get on the road ASAP. We checked PNS first thing, it was maybe $25-30 less a ticket. I don’t think DH looked at AA. We were trying to use companion tickets, so the $760ish is a 2 for 1 price! I think the problem is spring break, it’s just really expensive.

PNS and Gulfport used to be our cheaper options, but it’s uncommon now for either to be enough cheaper to make it worth the drive (we live in WeMo, about 10 minutes from the airport). Everyone hopes when the new airport opens, the airfare will be the same. It will be actually less convenient for us.

You could cut your drive substantially by going 5 hours to ATL.  Delta has $358 main cabin.  You're 2 for 1 may make it worth considering.

Park N Go is a cruise parking lot just outside the main entrance to the port.

We have been using them for years when cruising out of Fort Lauderdale.

Make your reservations before hand.  When you enter the lot, you will be directed to a canopy where there will be help to unload your luggage and place on a shuttle (it is valet parking).

The shuttle will run often (will not be necessarily full) and you will be dropped at the luggage drop area for the cruise.

At disembarkation, if the shuttle is not there, it will be withing minutes.

The driver will call ahead with your information and the shuttle will drop you at your car. 

https://bookparkngo.com/ftlauderdale2.php