Specialty Dining....yea, yea, yea...I know...search

roger001

But this is so much easier and faster because y'all know a bunch about everything. 25 cruises later, you'd think I would.  

But the question.  Being whatever platinum plus is now we get two specialty dinners.  Then the cruise package gives two more.  Used to be they had restrictions to just certain restaurants.  But thought I saw that now they are good for any of the specialty restaurants.   Did I imagine this?  Or is that correct?   Thanks

9 minutes ago, roger001 said:

But this is so much easier and faster because y'all know a bunch about everything. 25 cruises later, you'd think I would.  

But the question.  Being whatever platinum plus is now we get two specialty dinners.  Then the cruise package gives two more.  Used to be they had restrictions to just certain restaurants.  But thought I saw that now they are good for any of the specialty restaurants.   Did I imagine this?  Or is that correct?   Thanks

Platinum PLUS now equals one of these: Sapphire 150 pts, Diamond 350 pts, Ambassador 700 pts.

You are correct that you can use your dining coupons almost anywhere.  Here's the DINING stuff:

Benefit is available on sailings 5 days or longer, and entitles each guest to an appetizer, one entrée and dessert of choice. Upcharges apply to certain premium menu items; Raw Bar Seafood Platter is not included. Bottle of Wine offered in all venues offering Complimentary Wine list, Palomar not included. In à la carte restaurants, coupon can be redeemed for 4 menu items per person (Sushi, Wasabi, Nama, Teppanyaki, Hasuki, Food Republic, Pincho Tapas Bar or Raw Bar). Additional entrées will incur supplemental charges. Dinner coupons are non-transferrable. Solo guests cannot claim two dinners. Coupons can’t be used for the same venue twice. 2 guests maximum. Dining options vary by ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I tried booking Teppanyaki. It is not ala carte so the price pops up wanting me to pay now.  I'm hopefully using four specialty restaurant offers, two from the cruise package and two platinum vouchers.   I had already booked two restaurants.   Also, tried to book Cagneys for two different evenings using the two different vouchers.  After the first booking, it greys out Cagneys.  Don't know if this is a statement or question.  Ya got any thoughts?

4 minutes ago, roger001 said:

I tried booking Teppanyaki. It is not ala carte so the price pops up wanting me to pay now.  I'm hopefully using four specialty restaurant offers, two from the cruise package and two platinum vouchers.   I had already booked two restaurants.   Also, tried to book Cagneys for two different evenings using the two different vouchers.  After the first booking, it greys out Cagneys.  Don't know if this is a statement or question.  Ya got any thoughts?

You should book Teppanyaki (or Moderno if required) before any a la carte places, as you can only book the number of restaurants that you have dining credits to cover without paying upfront. As you have already booked two restaurants it is charging you the cover charge with reservation.

If you go ahead and book it then you should get your payment back, but I’ve never actually tried that.

Alternatively you can just wait until you board.

The guide in my signature is quote out of date, but covers that bit.

Recently you have only been able to reserve each restaurant once online. It used to let you add it to your basket and then it would disappear but it sounds like now they have stopped you from being able to add it. Apparently you can call to book repeat visits (although, again, I’ve not tried it).

Ok.  I get two specialty dining coupons from the cruise package and two as a sapphire guest.  The rule says can't use twice at same restaurant.  But can I use one of each at the same restaurant twice? Issued under two different situations.   

4 minutes ago, roger001 said:

Ok.  I get two specialty dining coupons from the cruise package and two as a sapphire guest.  The rule says can't use twice at same restaurant.  But can I use one of each at the same restaurant twice? Issued under two different situations.   

Yes. 

Since the Platinum dinners technically restrict you to 1-1-1, we use one of them at Teppanyaki or Monderno where it is 1.  And save the SDP for restaurants where we would order more apps. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the "use your Latitudes restaurant benefit at any specialty" isn't necessarily fleetwide yet? Last I read the threads on this (early November), it was still the old language on many ships. The NCL website still says the old language, too.

I'm still not sure what to expect on my sailing next week, but haven't cared enough to ask anyone. 

In a separate question, if there are 4 sapphire members in a Haven villa, will we only get the 2 coupons, or can we ask for another set since there are 4 of us? We used to be able to, but not sure that's still accurate. Trying to decide how many meals we need to buy.

1 hour ago, KateQ22003 said:

In a separate question, if there are 4 sapphire members in a Haven villa, will we only get the 2 coupons, or can we ask for another set since there are 4 of us? We used to be able to, but not sure that's still accurate. Trying to decide how many meals we need to buy.

Yes, you can still do that. It is still stated in the T&C's