Is MSC Voyagers Club available only for British nationals?

yellow-submarine

This is weird. So, I booked a cruise via a British T.A. That means I cannot use the .com international MSC website, it does not recognise my booking. However if I want to register for MSC Voyagers Club on the .co.uk website it gives no other options than British under the Nationality section:
1654289492_MSCVoyagersClub.thumb.png.7903cfb534cc414776646b4b2a8d8016.png

I am a british resident, but not biritish national. It does not make sense as in it's present form it is racist*. I could not find anything in the terms and conditions. Anyone came across this issue before?

*Nationality does not equal citizensip or residency. So if you are from Germany and live in UK or even got UK citizenship you are still German national. Exluding people based on their birth is...

1 hour ago, yellow-submarine said:

This is weird. So, I booked a cruise via a British T.A. That means I cannot use the .com international MSC website, it does not recognise my booking. However if I want to register for MSC Voyagers Club on the .co.uk website it gives no other options than British under the Nationality section:

I am a british resident, but not biritish national. It does not make sense as in it's present form it is racist*. I could not find anything in the terms and conditions. Anyone came across this issue before?

*Nationality does not equal citizensip or residency. So if you are from Germany and live in UK or even got UK citizenship you are still German national. Exluding people based on their birth is...

Racist is a stretch. The simpler and more likely answer is incompetence of the IT staff.

Give them a call and see if they can register you over the phone...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, yellow-submarine said:

Sorry, but nationality does not equal race. I could live in the US, the UK, Germany, Africa, Russia, Brazil, Japan...and my race is still the same. Nationality can change.

8 hours ago, alyssamma said:

Racist is a stretch. The simpler and more likely answer is incompetence of the IT staff.

Give them a call and see if they can register you over the phone...

It's beyond a stretch!! It's definitely an IT issue. I had to amend a detail in our VC information recently and had a massive choice of Nationalities listed. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, alyssamma said:

"Racist is a stretch. The simpler and more likely answer is incompetence of the IT staff."

When it comes to MSC's IT, I refer to Hanlon's Razor:

"Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just select British and whatever else you need to do to activate your account. Then worry about changing it later if you need to.

Or register for VC on another site and get them to add the number to your booking.

Edited by hawkeyetlse
  • Like 2