Manhattan cruise port parking with wheelchair

wants2fly

First time cruising since the pandemic.  Feeling both excited and nervous.  
We normally would drive and park at the rooftop parking at the Manhattan cruise port but this time we will have someone with wheelchair.  
I have read from some posts indicated there will be longshoreman available at the rooftop parking area but I have not seen them from my experiences.   Previously, I would drop off my family at the embarkation level and drive around to park at the rooftop.  Could someone please confirm that there will be longshoreman at the rooftop parking area?   It will be difficult to manage suitcases and wheelchair someone at the same time from the rooftop.  In addition, how much to tip the longshoreman?   Thank you in advance.  

Edited by wants2fly
Spellcheck

I’ve never seen any there, only if someone grabbed them after disembarking and happened to be bringing up their luggage. We never had a wheelchair, but we did manage with 5 children (and back in the day a case of water). We’ve used them after the cruise and tipped at least $20.

Prior to the pandemic, we'd never seen porters on the parking deck (unless someone was helping a disembarking guest).  However, when we parked there in Oct. 2021, and then again just three weeks ago, there were porters with carts taking checked bags for embarking guests.  (Just one porter three weeks ago, but she was filling up a ton of carts.)

Of course, I can't promise that will be the situation when you cruise.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/3/2022 at 9:34 PM, wants2fly said:

Thank you all for the responses so far.  Much appreciated thank goodness thank 

My wife and I have parked at pier 88 for several cruises. Once you drive up the ramp, pay and make your way down to the actual parking lot you pull in and have your vehicle checked. After this I always pull over to the right by the elevator. My wife gets out with the luggage and I go and park. I've seen a number of people do the same with passengers who needed a wheel chair. You can drop them off about 20ft from the elevator

• Like 1