Oasis of the Seas Dining Package Question

Lil_Em

We are sailing on the Oasis in January and purchased the 3 night dining package.  We booked our time for day 2, but Royal picks the restaurant.  What restaurants do they pick for the day 1/2 reservations?  I figured it should be Giovanni's, Chops, or 150 Central Park, since anything else would either be an upcharge or a la carte pricing (where you only get $20 to spend...). Am I correct in this assumption?

8 minutes ago, slyster said:

When do you find out what restaurant they picked?  We chose night 2.  Do you find out when you board and approach a restaurant reservation desk? Or do you find out sooner in your app?

The restaurant they chose is irrelevant. Go to any specialty restaurant when you board and make your selections for the week.

6 hours ago, slyster said:

When do you find out what restaurant they picked?  We chose night 2.  Do you find out when you board and approach a restaurant reservation desk? Or do you find out sooner in your app?

99% of the the time there is no reservation made.  You are simply a place holder. We have had packages on every cruise we have taken, never once was there a reservation made. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SWACruising said:

The restaurant they chose is irrelevant. Go to any specialty restaurant when you board and make your selections for the week.

Well it’s relevant because if it’s one of the ones I wanted to eat at, I’m good for day 2 LOL. That just leaves the other 2.

35 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

99% of the the time there is no reservation made.  You are simply a place holder. We have had packages on every cruise we have taken, never once was there a reservation made. 

Okay, got it. I wasn’t sure if they chose a restaurant for you or not.  Thank you!

8 hours ago, slyster said:

Okay, got it. I wasn’t sure if they chose a restaurant for you or not.  Thank you!

They do choose a restaurant for you. You'll have to check with one of the dining reservations desks, or one of the restaurants, in order to see which restaurant they assigned you though, because dining reservations don't show up on the app until day 2 (at least they didn't on my Symphony cruise last week).

The reason people are saying that it's irrelevant is because you can change it. And also because you're gonna have to go to a desk to make the other reservations anyway, so it doesn't really matter what they gave you, you can take or leave it. 

Edited by ARandomTraveler

18 hours ago, ARandomTraveler said:

They do choose a restaurant for you. You'll have to check with one of the dining reservations desks, or one of the restaurants, in order to see which restaurant they assigned you though, because dining reservations don't show up on the app until day 2 (at least they didn't on my Symphony cruise last week).

The reason people are saying that it's irrelevant is because you can change it. And also because you're gonna have to go to a desk to make the other reservations anyway, so it doesn't really matter what they gave you, you can take or leave it. 

Okay, got it.  Makes sense. It’s easier if the first one is booked in a restaurant I want to go to and it leaves 2 more reservations to make.  Thank you for the explanation!