Live on the Panorama 12/3 thru 12/10

jimbo5544

17 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

27134729-AE1B-4FE7-A1C7-C3CDC9BDD5F0.jpeg

768BAB31-82C3-4859-BB00-42A0641E568A.jpeg

DC2E277E-62AD-447B-92D9-1BB4BBB59FB8.jpeg

That's Pueblo Bonito Los Cabos (affectionately called Pueblo Bonito Blanco). Blanco was one of the first timeshares built on Medano Beach by Ernesto Coppel. That timeshare has now completed all of it's 30 year "right to use" contracts. Current plans for this very valuable property is constantly in flux. Latest I heard is they might do a complete teardown and build a completely new timeshare on the land. It will still be a Pueblo Bonito property no matter what they decide to do. Beautiful (old school) resort. We stayed there in 2002 on our first trip to Cabo. In the bottom picture - we stayed in the ground floor 2 bedroom Presidential Suite on the right. Perfect for us, we were able to walk right out to the pool area. Picture at the top is Pueblo Bonito Rose (rose color right?). It's the sister property right next door to Blanco. Our best friend with us on that 2002 trip bought an "every other year" (even years) timeshare at the under construction Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach. The next year, 2003 - we bought an "every other year" (odd years) timeshare at Sunset Beach. We've just completed our 20th consecutive year visiting Cabo and our timeshare at Sunset Beach (even the pandemic years).

Couple of pictures. (1) Typical view from the balcony of our favorite suite at PB Sunset Beach and (2) pic from 2007 of my wife (right side) and our best friend, enjoying coffee as the cruise ships pass by.

2004292956_Bldg2627Pool.thumb.JPG.003dcf16c11427c7d0b9c7e33f7d02a7.JPG

IMG_0027.thumb.jpg.505af435219eef114e721bb21539052f.jpg

• Like 3

That's a cool little display the crew put together. When we boarded Panorama on Nov 26, the crew already had a lot of the Christmas decorations up. Then we got to see the "official" lighting of the Christmas Tree in the lobby.

Always cold and windy on the last day heading north. We had up to 45mph winds the previous week (on our last day), but there were still people bundled up in towels, etc. on the lounge chairs on Lido and also Serenity. On a positive note - Healthy Creations on Serenity was still open for lunch on our last sea day. Sometimes I understand it has to close when it's too windy.

Might have some rain in Long Beach tomorrow morning. Big storm working it's way south and should be in Los Angeles sometime on Saturday. Hits us in San Diego on Sunday and our area is projected for 1.5 inches of rain. For San Diego - that's a lot of rain from one storm. We will probably have some localized flooding in our usual areas.

On 12/9/2022 at 8:49 AM, SDPadreFan said:

Looks like we will be on Pride with you next July in Europe.

Cool, look me up.  Normally have vista suite but bring two of our granddaughters on this sailing, so a “regular balcony”.  Just bought airfare thru fly2fun.  Crazy high prices.   

On 12/9/2022 at 8:48 AM, SDPadreFan said:

That's a cool little display the crew put together. When we boarded Panorama on Nov 26, the crew already had a lot of the Christmas decorations up. Then we got to see the "official" lighting of the Christmas Tree in the lobby.

Always cold and windy on the last day heading north. We had up to 45mph winds the previous week (on our last day), but there were still people bundled up in towels, etc. on the lounge chairs on Lido and also Serenity. On a positive note - Healthy Creations on Serenity was still open for lunch on our last sea day. Sometimes I understand it has to close when it's too windy.

Might have some rain in Long Beach tomorrow morning. Big storm working it's way south and should be in Los Angeles sometime on Saturday. Hits us in San Diego on Sunday and our area is projected for 1.5 inches of rain. For San Diego - that's a lot of rain from one storm. We will probably have some localized flooding in our usual areas.

It was cold and windy

18 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Cool, look me up.  Normally have vista suite but bring two of our granddaughters on this sailing, so a “regular balcony”.  Just bought airfare thru fly2fun.  Crazy high prices.   

We got an extended balcony just a little forward of the aft elevator bank, Empress Deck.

Lot of stuff to haul with 2 granddaughters in tow. Don't envy you. We got our fly2fun back a while ago. Our price for 2 was @ $2600. I'm also on the roll call.

On 12/3/2022 at 2:45 PM, jimbo5544 said:

two hours from getting to terminal to getting on ship.  There were people exitining when we walked in tho

The ship got in about 90 minutes late from the Nov 26 sailing. Then - they wanted a guy to report to "Customer Service" before we could disembark and it took quite a while before he decided "to report". So we were pretty late getting off and we even did self-debarkation.

Curious on the snorkeling in Cabo - was it a Carnival excursion?  Did you see many fish?  I had read snorkeling wasn't great anywhere so I have booked it anywhere, but if good, I would definitely be interested!  We go in February and excited to do this cruise!