Can they put seats in Harmony showers in regular rooms for guests who need them?

Katems75

Hello, booked in an ocean balcony regular room on Harmony in May.  Someone sailing with me would prefer a seat in the shower for balance reasons but doesn't actually need a handicap accessible room (and there aren't any available anyway).  Do they offer seats that can go in the showers in the regular rooms??  I know it would need to be tiny but I just wondered if it could be added.  Do they at least have grab bars?

10 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

Hello, booked in an ocean balcony regular room on Harmony in May.  Someone sailing with me would prefer a seat in the shower for balance reasons but doesn't actually need a handicap accessible room (and there aren't any available anyway).  Do they offer seats that can go in the showers in the regular rooms??  I know it would need to be tiny but I just wondered if it could be added.  Do they at least have grab bars?

Yes they do have grab bars.  You can order a shower chair/bench through special needs on the Royal website.  We ordered one but we had a tub and it was a bit large for the tub but should be fine in the shower.  I think you need to let them know your request 3 weeks ahead but you can do it now.  The shower on the Harmony is a nice size so you should be fine with the shower chair.

• Like 1

On the main page scroll down and check accessibility at sea.  

LIST OF EQUIPMENT AND SERVICES REQUIRING ADVANCE NOTICE

60 days prior to sailing

• Sign language interpretating services

30 days prior to sailing

• Raised toilet seat
  • Commode chair
  • Shower stool
  • Transfer bench
  • Service animal relief area
  • Large print material
  • TTY
  • Visual-tactile alert system
  • Assistive listening devices
  • Medical refrigerator
  • Sharp's container
  • Distilled water
  • Extension cord
  • Oxygen supply delivery
  • Dialysis supply delivery
  • Closed captioned television
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

Yes they do have grab bars.  You can order a shower chair/bench through special needs on the Royal website.  We ordered one but we had a tub and it was a bit large for the tub but should be fine in the shower.  I think you need to let them know your request 3 weeks ahead but you can do it now.  The shower on the Harmony is a nice size so you should be fine with the shower chair.

Wow, super helpful, thank you!  Is there a charge?  A raised toilet seat might also be appreciated.  We are booked as a large group through Royal and it seems every time we want to do something we have to call the group number.  Will that be the case here, or do you really think it could be booked through the app?

50 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

Wow, super helpful, thank you!  Is there a charge?  A raised toilet seat might also be appreciated.  We are booked as a large group through Royal and it seems every time we want to do something we have to call the group number.  Will that be the case here, or do you really think it could be booked through the app?

Absolutely no charge for any of these items above.

You can call the special needs department directly:

(866) 592-7225

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Katems75 said:

We have requested a shower stool in the past and it will fit in the shower.  It does not have a back or arms, but worked fine for someone to sit on and use the handheld shower to bath.  We requested one when we made our reservation and it was not in the cabin but the cabin steward was able to bring us one.  There is not charge.  

• Like 2

My experience was the same as Reallyitsmema in that we requested in advance for a shower stool, but it wasn't there when we boarded.  I asked the steward and it was in the cabin within 20 minutes.  It was tight in the shower, but it worked.

• Like 1

I also need a shower stool since I have risk of falling.  I also want to request an extension cord for my nebulizer.  I have requested the cord before and it was in my cabin, but have never requested the shower stool.  Will take Ashland's advice and call Special Needs. Very helpful post.  Thanks. 

• Like 2

I can't recall whether we used email or phone for the extension cord.  But our last cruise, I confirmed by email with the concierge that he would request for us and he did.  But I feel sure that you can also request your cabin steward to get one for you once on board, and hope that they had an ample supply.  However, I would call Special Needs 866 592-7225 and request prior to boarding in case number of stools would be an issue.  I would be unable to use the shower unless I had a stool so I am also thinking of packing a portable stool that disassembles since I cannot conceive of going without a shower for 10 days.