Alcohol pkg

ToyFoxFan

I was on the Discovery over Thanksgiving week.

I did not look at the Room Service Menu. However, I did see what appeared to be workers delivering drinks, though I mostly saw them on near the elevators as they were coming off and I was going on.

However, even if you have the alcohol package, I think that the room service charge would override that. 

Hopefully, someone could shed a more experienced light on it for you!

1 hour ago, ToyFoxFan said:

If you have the alcohol pkg can you have any delivered to your room such as beer. Sometimes we like to sit on balcony and have a beer

Thanks

You can now order drinks to be delivered to your room that are covered under the package.  We do it on almost all of our cruises now.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Cruise Raider said:

You can now order drinks to be delivered to your room that are covered under the package.  We do it on almost all of our cruises now.  

Can you order more than 1 . For instance can you order 4 beers and put in frig

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ToyFoxFan said:

I believe when the packages were first offered, you were supposed to wait at least 5 minutes before you could order another drink. When I was on Majestic in Sept/Oct, bartenders had no problem letting me order 2 at a time, so if both passengers in cabin order 2 for total of 4?

The APP would either allow or charge you for the second drink, as I ordered 2 at a bar and not thru the APP.

Edited by wallyj

Yes we call room service and order our drinks.  We usually do this at sail away as we watch the ship set sail from our balcony.  We sometimes order lunch through room service to include some adult beverages.  Great benefit.

11 hours ago, ToyFoxFan said:

I believe you can order two at a time from your app.  So, maybe you can each do the same on each app, not really sure, though.  They really just want you sharing with others.  Just make sure they don’t open them all … I know you can’t do that from the app.  Maybe it would be easier to go to a bar and get some ahead of time to store in your fridge.  

2 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

I believe you can order two at a time from your app.  So, maybe you can each do the same on each app, not really sure, though.  They really just want you sharing with others.  Just make sure they don’t open them all … I know you can’t do that from the app.  Maybe it would be easier to go to a bar and get some ahead of time to store in your fridge.  

Did you meant to type "They really don't want you sharing with others."?

We always just ordered at the bar since I don't want salt on my Margareta's.