Adjoining Verandas Question

cAPS lOCK oN

TS:  

Reference my Post #6, directly above--"How to Find a Travel Agent":  

While not-yet on Splendor, my educated guess would be Yes.  That partition can be taken out.  That is what our friends did on numerous occasions while booking adjoining suites on several Regent ships.  It made it easier for them to negotiate between rooms without having to go into the hallway.  

There are a limited number of connecting Suites on Splendor similar to other Regent ships, but not in your F2 category.  Connecting meaning an interior door between the suites.  

GOARMY!

We encourage you to check corporate policy on this one, as several places on the internet mention it used to be at the discretion of each individual Captain, but is no longer allowed so that they can have the same rules for all of their ships.  The butler may agree to open it for you in hopes of getting a tip, but he/she would be violating rules and could get in trouble.

13 hours ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

We encourage you to check corporate policy on this one, as several places on the internet mention it used to be at the discretion of each individual Captain, but is no longer allowed so that they can have the same rules for all of their ships.  The butler may agree to open it for you in hopes of getting a tip, but he/she would be violating rules and could get in trouble.

Interesting - when we were on Splendor - It seemed to be physically possible to open up the connection.  I wasn't aware there was a corporate policy on this?  Any speculation on the reason it is disallowed?

They open up all the balcony dividers on turn around day to clean the balconies and the outside of the doors/windows.  So it is certainly possible.  There might be a few (at bulkheads??) that can't open, but I doubt it and if so I suspect that it would not be more than one per deck per side, so that they can gain access to all the balconies from the outside.

Physically, it depends on the cabin. Some have large balconies and in that can no problem. For the small balconies, the opened part of the partition might interfere with the sliding door.

As to will they let you?  Probably.

J

Here is what we read (chengkp75 is a retired Chief Engineer with NCL).  You might want to ask him whatever questions you have:

"@chengkp75 can explain in more detail or accuracy, but it's become a company policy to NOT allow them to be opened.  I believe it used to be allowed but only a certain number.  If you asked after that number was reached and were told 'no', you'd be pretty upset that others got to have theirs open, wouldn't you?  The blanket 'no' policy eliminates those confrontations."

So I get the policy but what is the reason you can’t open all of them not that every cabin next to you is a companion.  Is there some safety or security reason?

I would bet that if they charged extra for it they would do it!  Just a hunch.

Edited by Lonedaddy