Poached Egg Station on Celebrity Eclipse

Retirement2016

1 minute ago, DaKahuna said:

Eggs benedict are on the breakfast menu in the main dining room.  No need to go to the Ocean View Cafe for that. 

Yes, I realize that it is offered in the main dining room.  My son is very picky, wants his benny hot.  Thank you.

40 minutes ago, Retirement2016 said:

Yes, I realize that it is offered in the main dining room.  My son is very picky, wants his benny hot.  Thank you.

In my experience, eggs benny is considerably better in the OVC than in Luminae, Blu, or MDR, mostly because it is put on your plate hot, and you can eat it right away. With wait service, you're at the mercy of anything that happens between the time it is set upon the plate and the time the plate actually makes it to your table. This is not in any way a knock on the service staff. It is simply an observation of Real World experiences and cicumstances beyond the waitstaff's control.

I imagine your son will prefer the OVC Benedict. . 

• Like 1

You like your poached eggs  just as I do.  Can request my perfect doneness in the OVC.  Put your order in, get a plate of potatoes or bacon or whatever if you want and then your eggs are ready - nice and hot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ocdublin said:

We were on Summit in September and the poached eggs are my favorite.  I am able to modify my order to half the bread and two eggs and no sauce. I know who does that!  I do and I can’t get that in dining room. Love it!

I sometime order the same way.  Other times I add smoked salmon.  Delicious!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ocdublin said:

We were on Summit in September and the poached eggs are my favorite.  I am able to modify my order to half the bread and two eggs and no sauce. I know who does that!  I do and I can’t get that in dining room. Love it!

I also order mine without sauce.  But I still want two slices of English muffin.  
I also add a side item of either English or Canadian bacon or corn beef hash.  My biggest disappointment in the eggs Benedict on cruise ship is the Canadian bacon is so thin.  In a a perfect world, I would gladly replace the Canadian bacon with a nice slice of country ham. 

• Like 2

My favorite thing...is to go to the bread station and get an English muffin ... then go to the salmon/lox station and put cream cheese, capers, onions and sometimes a slice of tomato and salmon... then go to the poached egg station to top off with egg and hollandaise .. tomato can impact balance however.. but love the combination

• Like 3

On 12/4/2022 at 11:14 PM, Retirement2016 said:

I agree.  The only way I have been able to get my eggs Benedict or omelettes hot is from OceanView.

• Thanks 1

On 12/8/2022 at 2:11 PM, kearney said:

My favorite thing...is to go to the bread station and get an English muffin ... then go to the salmon/lox station and put cream cheese, capers, onions and sometimes a slice of tomato and salmon... then go to the poached egg station to top off with egg and hollandaise .. tomato can impact balance however.. but love the combination

I have got to try this on our next cruise. I love my eggs benny with smoked salmon, but this is next level.