Discovery Princess Questions

Texascruiser2008

Hoping someone can answer these two questions for me.

1) Is there any deck for balcony cabins that does not have a overhang. We were on the Crown on Dolphin deck in October and no overhang so felt rather exposed. Want to avoid that this time.

2) Read some comments that boarding was a nightmare and they were told to go to one pier then everyone was bused to another, is this normal? I am handicapped and use a walker and that could be a problem for me. We had planned just a cab to the port.

Thanks cruising friends!

1 hour ago, Texascruiser2008 said:

1) Is there any deck for balcony cabins that does not have a overhang. We were on the Crown on Dolphin deck in October and no overhang so felt rather exposed. Want to avoid that this time.

2) Read some comments that boarding was a nightmare and they were told to go to one pier then everyone was bused to another, is this normal? I am handicapped and use a walker and that could be a problem for me. We had planned just a cab to the port.

Thanks cruising friends!

You cannot see into most of the Aloha and Baja balconies.  The bridge can see into balconies near the front of the ship.

It appears that on the Royal, almost all of the balconies are truly private.

Edited by damiross
  • Like 1

The Discovery is not designed like the Crown and other Grand Class ships. Almost all balconies are fully or partially covered. Most balconies on the ship are small 9ft x 4ft and covered. An example would be D512. Some cabins under the sea walk have larger angled balconies a portion of which is not covered. An example is D428. Other cabins have extended balconies which have 4ft of cover from the deck above. Example is D710. Aft facing balconies have various amounts of cover depending on the deck. Forward facing cabins on the Marina and Lido decks are basically uncovered. 

Search the deck plans deck by deck. You can easily see which cabins are extended with the extended section not covered. 

14 hours ago, Texascruiser2008 said:

Thanks cruising friends!

Regarding the busing situation - that was true for the inaugural cruise but I don't believe that's been the case since.

• Like 1