Solarium/Kids/Alaska...

28 minutes ago, Sunseeker20 said:

Hello all!

We are headed to Alaska end of May with our kids, and I know the Solarium opens for kids during some Alaska cruises, would anyone know if end of May would have this? Otherwise do we brave the outdoor pool? 😄 

Which ship? Ovation and Quantum have indoor pools that is not the Solarium.

3 hours ago, Sunseeker20 said:

Brilliance

Hi, we were on a b2b on radiance in June and they had regular hours in the solarium morning and afternoon for kids to use the pool in the solarium, they were not allowed to use the hot tub,

• Thanks 1

On 12/6/2022 at 1:55 AM, welshrich said:

Hi, we were on a b2b on radiance in June and they had regular hours in the solarium morning and afternoon for kids to use the pool in the solarium, they were not allowed to use the hot tub,

That's really helpful, thank you!

5 hours ago, Sunseeker20 said:

That's really helpful, thank you!

Also on our radiance cruise, the solarium pool wasn’t heated at all, so I never saw anyone in there.....on the other hand, the outdoor pool was heated way high and was busy most days.....on an upper 70s day I spent some time in the outdoor hot tub and then wanted to go for a swim....I popped into the pool and it was warmer than the Gulf of Mexico which I describe as lukewarm bath water....I didn’t stay in it long....I guess I have different pool temp desires than the folks in there 🙂 

the kids times in the solarium are noted are noted in the app

• Like 1

In September Radiance had the indoor pool open for kids 8-10 and 12-2 every day both weeks we were there.  That said the waves were high enough on a few days end of first cruise that nobody was allowed in the pool.  Even the dams of towels the pool attendants were trying to use were not keeping the water in the pool.  Sorry about rotated picture.

DSCN3432.JPG

20220901_105403.jpg

• Like 1