walkoff

beachfanatic

2 hours ago, beachfanatic said:

firstbtime ncl   what is walkoff like in miami

By “walk off” I assume you’re carrying your own luggage. As soon as the ship is cleared and CBP is ready, you start walking from your cabin. You slow down a little for NCL a facial recognition to “swipe off” the ship. You walk through the terminal and baggage hall without stopping. You walk to the CBP area where you slow down a little for CBP facial recognition to “swipe into” the US. And you are outside on the curb. 

If you want the cruise line to take your bags on the last night, you (not NCL) select a disembarkation time that your bags will be ready in the baggage hall. 

Note: taxi to the MIA airport are fixed price $27. Since Uber and Lyft use demand pricing and a 4000 passenger ship x multiple create demand, this week Saturday… 

A3C8FCD3-275E-48F1-995A-B048A5189A02.thumb.jpeg.412cf0db1ecd1cae447e5b65a36f04a5.jpeg

D06F3128-E121-4080-90B6-726C5E74ED95.thumb.jpeg.a40a2bd7b0e90ff0787036df9aa934e1.jpeg

And you are amongst 100’s of other trying to find their Lyft to pay double a fixed rate taxi that are lined up for immediate departure. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

And you are amongst 100’s of other trying to find their Lyft to pay double a fixed rate taxi that are lined up for immediate departure. 

It probably all depends upon the Taxi.  If I call an Uber or Lyft XL, I know that I'll get a vehicle that fits three adults plus luggage (forget what they publish about 5).  Taxis may vary and having to take two cabs would negate any price advantages.

25 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

It probably all depends upon the Taxi.  If I call an Uber or Lyft XL, I know that I'll get a vehicle that fits three adults plus luggage (forget what they publish about 5).  Taxis may vary and having to take two cabs would negate any price advantages.

Huh?

The taxis are sitting there on a taxi stand.   I, personally, would not get into a taxi where I don’t fit. I would grab the next cab in line that fit my party. 

I travel a lot and have [multiple]

Ubers show up at the airport with a trunk full of Costco items. And have drivers complain that they need to take my luggage… when picking up from the airport… 

33 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

I, personally, would not get into a taxi where I don’t fit. I would grab the next cab in line that fit my party. 

Good for you.  I've also observed lines of taxis where none of them are suitable for three adults plus their luggage.

2 hours ago, beachfanatic said:

what time usually start?  will we make an 1130 flight in fll??

FLL is 60-90 minutes travel from Miami, plus you want to be there at least 2 hours before the flight.  That means you need to be off the ship and on the road by 8:30-9 AM.  That... could be tight but possible if everything goes your way.

NCL also offers post-cruise excursions (which DO qualify for the $50 credit on the free-at-sea promo) that take you to the Everglades or on other tours then end at the airport, available for both MIA and FLL flights.

17 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Are you sure about that?   Google maps currently shows 37 minutes.

image.thumb.png.85cbaaa3287d5d6d17efacf4daad1bde.png

It can be 37 minutes, actually 45 for my wife and I. It also took us 80 minutes due to traffic

Edited by Laszlo

1 hour ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Are you sure about that?   Google maps currently shows 37 minutes.

Traffic, especially on port days.  Maybe I was a little overzealous, I was just basing that on how delayed my mom and dad were in FLL when their pilot thought the flight was scheduled from Miami...

• Like 1