Where does the HAL Aruba Shore Excursion "Eagle Beach Transfer" drop you off?

canadarocks

@Crew News I am pretty sure you did this excursion so hopefully you, or anyone else, who's done it can tell me. When the bus takes you to Eagle Beach, where exactly do they drop you off? I've booked us a resort day pass and we have some HIA credit left, so if the drop-off spot is close enough to walk from, it could save me the price of a cab going there. 

32 minutes ago, canadarocks said:

@Crew News I am pretty sure you did this excursion so hopefully you, or anyone else, who's done it can tell me. When the bus takes you to Eagle Beach, where exactly do they drop you off? I've booked us a resort day pass and we have some HIA credit left, so if the drop-off spot is close enough to walk from, it could save me the price of a cab going there. 

The HAL bus dropped us off at the end of the parking lot near the lot exit.  My excursion was a big letdown with no chairs or umbrellas available on the beach until someone decided to leave.  IIRC chair and umbrella rental was $40.  If I took this beach excursion again, I would take a taxi as soon as the ship arrives in order to have a better chance to rent chairs/umbrella and not wait for the HAL bus

If you have a beach resort pass with amenities, your location may be a long way from where the HAL bus drops off those just going to the beach.  My recommendation would be a taxi as soon as you are ready to leave the ship and not wait for the HAL tour bus to fill.

You can simply walk out of the port, to the main street, turn right, and then cross the street to the local bus station from where you can catch the local bus that stops at Eagle.  They have two stops along that beach and you get off at the one that best suits you or ask the driver.   The bus costs about $2.60 (one way).

Hank

1 minute ago, Hlitner said:

You can simply walk out of the port, to the main street, turn right, and then cross the street to the local bus station from where you can catch the local bus that stops at Eagle.  They have two stops along that beach and you get off at the one that best suits you or ask the driver.   The bus costs about $2.60 (one way).  We have been going to Eagle for decades (since we first stayed on the island) and simply negotiate a deal for 2 loungers with one of the vendors.  We generally pay about $25 for two chairs and can sometimes get a palapa and other times just keep our loungers under some trees.

Hank

2 hours ago, Hlitner said:

You can simply walk out of the port, to the main street, turn right, and then cross the street to the local bus station from where you can catch the local bus that stops at Eagle.  They have two stops along that beach and you get off at the one that best suits you or ask the driver.   The bus costs about $2.60 (one way).

Hank

Yes we took bus last month to Amsterdam Manor resort which is last stop of Eagle Beach (North). Buy a round trip card for $5 USD. Easy and clean bus. They were running about every 20 mins that day. 

• Thanks 1