Valiant Lady Aborted Sailaway in San Juan, Puerto Rico

Spaniel Lover

I was recording a time lapse video last night at the cruise ship dock in San Juan when I saw something I've never seen before.  Here's the video:

Valiant Lady retrieved her mooring lines and began her regular scheduled sailaway.  She didn't even get a ship's length away when she came right back to the dock and tied up again.

She stayed tied up for about an hour before finally sailing away for good.

I'm told by a passenger onboard Valiant Lady that there was a last minute medical emergency.

• Like 1

We were on board and there was a medical emergency.  They transported someone from the ship via ambulance.  I was topside as we were sailing away, and it surprised me that all of a sudden we started moving back to the dock.

On 12/8/2022 at 3:37 PM, Spaniel Lover said:

I'm told by a passenger onboard Valiant Lady that there was a last minute medical emergency.

Anytime you see something like that, it's 99% a medical emergency. VERY lucky for whomever needed this attention to have it happen right there at the dock. 

• Like 1

Was on this sailing- the woman apparently fell and hurt (broke?) her hip, they rushed her to medical and then I guess decided past the last minute that they’d need to get her off the ship.  We also had a medical incident on the ship at Bimini yesterday- as i was walking back from kayak beach after a dive, a lady was strapped to a stretcher in the back of an all terrain golf cart with her companion and luggage in tow.  We came back at least 4 pax lighter that we start 😕

That's a good selling point for travel insurance with good medical coverage.  MANY insurance policies will not cover anything outside the US.  I've heard that "we're young" logic, but I saw a teen fall and have a compound fracture on a DCL ship.

Sorry for those injured, but it can happen anywhere...even on a ship that isn't moving!

• Like 2