Where get Covid Antigen Test in Yokohama?

SFO Peter

Our Cruise requires a Covid Test and certificate three days before boarding.  Tried Googling places in Yokohama but kinda confusing.

Maybe Bruce Muzz or someone who knows have the answer.   Helps if the test site speaks english.

Thanks
Peter

I just Googled Rapid Antigen Test Yokohama and found hundreds of options.

The closest one to the Cruise Terminal in Yokohama is at the website posted below.

Covid Test Services at Minato Mirai Store in Kanagawa, Japan (furtherpass.com)

This location is a 5-10 minute walk from the Osanbashi Cruise Terminal.

They advertise English Speakers, a price of US$14, and results in 30 Minutes.

3 hours ago, silkismom said:

Could I ask what ship and date? I thought Japan had done away with pre-cruise testing.

====

Westerdam April 10, 2023.   There are other Westerdam Japan cruises before mine.

Japan has installed a rule that if ships have more than 10 percent Covid cases the ships will not be allowed to sail in Japan.   I believe that is why the >>Cruise Lines<< have adopted measures to screen Covid cases so they can satisfy this requirement.

Peter

Edited by SFO PETER

Interesting info.  We are also booked on that cruise.  I just checked the HAL website and received the following message when I plugged in our booking number.

This specific booking and/or voyage does not yet have published protocols for COVID-19 vaccination and testing requirements. Please check closer to the embarkation date for updates.”

The mass market cruise lines visiting Japan are going to play it safe this time.

They know the Japanese will kick them out of the country if they surpass the 10% COVID limit. Most of the mass market lines in other parts of the world are regularly going over 10%.

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

We are booked on the April 11, 2023 14-night sailing of Regent's Explorer from Tokyo to Yokohama.  This is from Regent's website:

Do guests need to provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test to sail?
Testing requirements, if any, will be highlighted to guests approximately 30-days prior to sailing, and may vary based on vaccination status. If COVID-19 testing prior to the cruise is required, it is the guest’s responsibility to arrange and pay for.

How do I learn about any COVID-19 vaccine or testing requirements for a sailing that is outside 30-days?
We are closely monitoring the evolving global public health environment and to the extent any itineraries are affected, we will notify impacted guests in a timely fashion and update our booking requirements. Additional travel restrictions for certain nationalities or countries may arise based on the quickly evolving public health environment, therefore all guests are strongly advised to monitor current travel requirements.

For flying in to Japan see below.  If you do not do fast track you probably will still need the same documents required here.   Also you probably will need to do a virus test in Japan to board the ship (this is the Cruise ship requirement).

JapanAirport

On 12/10/2022 at 8:56 AM, silkismom said:

Could I ask what ship and date? I thought Japan had done away with pre-cruise testing.

Japan cancelled COVID testing of any kind when they opened up to the West a few months ago.

So long as you have proof of vaccines received, and do not have symptoms, you can enter Japan. 

But the mass market cruise lines, who are nearly all experiencing high infection numbers onboard their ships, are worried about being kicked out of Japan.

The Japanese Government has warned that any ship reporting 10%+ infection cases onboard must leave Japan immediately.

The logistics of shifting a cruise from Japan to a nearby country are enormously difficult  and expensive - especially if the ship has high COVID numbers.

Pre-cruise testing will probably be required by all cruise lines boarding guests in Japan, in order to catch anyone hiding symptoms, or anyone about to exhibit them.

The Japanese government is considering changing how to handle Covid-19. This subject has been discussed some time now, but it does appear more realistic this time around. Since Japan's fiscal year ends in March, I hope the protocol gets relaxed come April, and Japan International Cruise Committee gets right on the subject. 🤞

News Article here