Self-disembarkation Question?

Minnie29

3 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Obviously if you have not registered at Pursers then they have delivered luggage labels and a specified time for disembarkation. You have ignored that time and disembarked at a time to suit you. This is not self disembarkation in the true sense as what it means that you self disembark with your own suitcases before timed disembarkation begin when the ship has been given clearance. If everyone had the same attitude and ignored timings if that is what you did there would be carnage if everyone did the same. The idea of timed disembarkation is to control queues.

Agreed - it's really not hard to register with the purser, or if in Grills even easier with the Concierge

• Like 2

4 hours ago, gumshoe958 said:

Because they don’t need to know.

They just want me off the ship asap.

Of course they do. Equally, they probably want to avoid crushing and crowding in the Grand Lobby, and knowing what people are doing might help with this.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Were you carrying your own suitcases.

Yes.

I have never had to queue to get off.

The way they word the request to register makes it sound like they’re doing me a favour by allowing me to self-disembark. Wrong. I’m doing them a favour so I won’t play their silly games.

1 hour ago, gumshoe958 said:

Yes.

The way they word the request to register makes it sound like they’re doing me a favour by allowing me to self-disembark. Wrong. I’m doing them a favour so I won’t play their silly games.

Goodness, that is quite a lot of antagonism towards a simple request, which costs you nothing to answer. The other possibility is that they may like to have sight of those intending to self-disembark to make sure they seem physically capable. As we know from tender problems, some Cunard passengers can be over ambitious.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gumshoe958 said:

Yes.

I'm not sure why you think a reasonable request is playing silly games but fortunately the majority of people do register or follow their allocated times. 

• Like 4