Starting the research for a Greek/Med. cruise

kctwinmommy

2 hours ago, kctwinmommy said:

Just wanted to come back to you, and your posts. Since your review is one that I loved and had me ready to go right then. We ended up doing the 22 day one!! 😃 I'll definitely go back and read your review again, and share it with my husband.

👋Hello again!

Thank you for being so very sweet.. I'm thrilled that my happy review prompted you to book this cruise.

You are going to have the best time ever.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!🤗

2 hours ago, Sleep7 said:

👋Hello again!

Thank you for being so very sweet.. I'm thrilled that my happy review prompted you to book this cruise.

You are going to have the best time ever.

Enjoy! Enjoy! Enjoy!🤗

You bet! And you bet we will... now it's just a lot of waiting! And some planning too. We still have to figure out hotels before and after for Athens and Barcelona. I know we can't book flights yet though. So just lots of reading before then.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, kctwinmommy said:

Somehow, just based on the tone of your other posts, I had a feeling you would make me laugh/smile. LOL!

Now I just have to count down 450ish days! LOL!

And why would I want to make you do anything other than smile over your choice of vacation?

BTW,  there is a way to deal with a 450ish day wait: book another cruise for the interim. (Since you have another cruise on the books already you can ask for final payment to be  6 months prior to departure.) I'm in the same boat (468 days wait🥴) and I'm looking for something to fill in the time.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, kctwinmommy said:

And some planning too. We still have to figure out hotels before and after for Athens and Barcelona.

Decide on what you want to see in each of these cities and then look at hotels that are somewhat in the middle of all of them.

If you are sightseeing on your own, figure on two major sights per day to give yourself plenty of time explore the sights and to wander/wonder around the neighborhoods.

Old/historic Barcelona is particularly amenable to such wandering.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

And why would I want to make you do anything other than smile over your choice of vacation?

BTW,  there is a way to deal with a 450ish day wait: book another cruise for the interim. (Since you have another cruise on the books already you can ask for final payment to be  6 months prior to departure.) I'm in the same boat (468 days wait🥴) and I'm looking for something to fill in the time.

LOL! Very true! It was the grasshopper quote that did it.

And unfortunately, can't really do another cruise in between. We actually have a dang college freshman in private school. 😜 Sooo... that's cutting into our finances right now. We'll do other things in the meantime though. It's all good. I like planning too, so this gives me time to read and research.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

Decide on what you want to see in each of these cities and then look at hotels that are somewhat in the middle of all of them.

If you are sightseeing on your own, figure on two major sights per day to give yourself plenty of time explore the sights and to wander/wonder around the neighborhoods.

Old/historic Barcelona is particularly amenable to such wandering.

For sure! We'll be looking and reading over the next month or so, and get hotels booked at least.

4 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Definitely plan on taking advantage of the  pre and / or post extensions. Viking surely has a substantial number of Mediterranean itineraries to choose from. 

With a couple of exceptions, in Europe, I have always felt that, if you are comfortable doing it, you can stay longer for the same amount of money if you make your own plans.  Outside of Europe, I'm happy to let Viking take care me and the details.

3 hours ago, Peregrina651 said:

With a couple of exceptions, in Europe, I have always felt that, if you are comfortable doing it, you can stay longer for the same amount of money if you make your own plans.  Outside of Europe, I'm happy to let Viking take care me and the details.

I really would love one day to do some extended stays in a few of our favorite places in Europe on our own. For the present, I am just two weeks shy of my 70th birthday (YIKES!) and still working. I have a great job, part-time and pretty flexible, but extended time away is still difficult. That's why I continue to let Viking take care of us and all the details. Our trips right now still have that "see as much as we can in a bit of a rush" feeling. Being able to take our time and settle in to a place remains a travel dream.

Edited by lackcreativity
  • Like 1