Port Canaveral Saturday 12/10 what a mess.

smeck

It took an hour and a half to get out of the port this morning it was a hot mess.  I mention it only to help answer the never ending question can we book a flight before noon.  The answer no!!!

I live in the area and used to work in the port on both sides. I know there's no restriction on the amount of times the drawbridge has to open up. Plus the fact that it might just take a long time to get out of the terminal because there's not enough people working. For peace of mind you'd be better off getting one of the last flights out to your destination after 3:00 p.m. and then just hanging out in Cape Canaveral Cocoa Beach area or near the airport in Orlando to go shopping or something.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, smeck said:

It took an hour and a half to get out of the port this morning it was a hot mess.  I mention it only to help answer the never ending question can we book a flight before noon.  The answer no!!!

We just got our flights emailed this weekend and it’s departure is 12:15pm. I am wondering if this is even possible myself! What time is the first transfer bus to MCO. Can I request a flight time change?  

2 hours ago, BarnCat1 said:

We just got our flights emailed this weekend and it’s departure is 12:15pm. I am wondering if this is even possible myself! What time is the first transfer bus to MCO. Can I request a flight time change?  

There was absolutely no reason for concern. One person's bad experience does not make it the norm. We have sailed out of PC many times and have gone straight from the port to the airport with no delays (another one-person experience). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BarnCat1 said:

In February out of PC we were on the first transfer bus out at 9am and at MCO by 9:45. You should be fine for your flight.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BarnCat1 said:

I arrived at Port Canaveral 3 days ago. Off the boat by 7:15am, took the GoPort bus arriving at MCO around 9. Was at my gate by 9:30. I didn't check a bag, but with self tagging at the kiosk it wouldn't have added more than 5-10 mins. If you are really concerned you can always pay for an uber/lyft, but even waiting about an hour for the GoPort bus I can't imagine you'd have an issue with a 12:15pm flight. Good luck!

• Thanks 1

We've never had a delay in getting in or out of Port Canaveral, which is why we prefer sailing from there.  Our latest cruise, we were on I 95 at 8am.  We'll see what happens next month but I wouldn't spend two minutes even thinking about it.  

• Thanks 1

Had a 12:15 flight out of mco on December 3rd. Did transportation thru NCL. Our bus got into an accident backing out of the parking spot, had to change buses, after almost getting out of the port they turned the bus around for missing luggage, huge line at southwest to drop bags & we still made the 12:15 flight. It was stressful but we made it even with things happening. 

The time to get off the ship for NCL transfer was 8:15am. Buses were leaving for the airport as they were filled. 

• Thanks 1