On Azura at the moment

Technoman2

Last full day today in lanzarote. Went on oyo tour to playa blanca. Weather fabulous 26c not a cloud in the sky. Sank a couple of beers and lunch in resort. Just setting off to tenerife now for departure tomorrow. Panto later, just like being on this forum lol. IMG_20221221_194630.thumb.jpg.c065188030a59a2189d72ab8ac4e1af4.jpgIMG_20221221_194630.thumb.jpg.c065188030a59a2189d72ab8ac4e1af4.jpgIMG_20221221_194630.thumb.jpg.c065188030a59a2189d72ab8ac4e1af4.jpg

IMG_20221222_154732.jpg

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Technoman2 said:

Just setting off to tenerife now for departure tomorrow.

Hope you had an enjoyable cruise. We had to cancel this one or we would have been on 

our way home too. Never mind there's always next year .

Have a safe journey home  tomorrow😊

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Technoman2 said:

Last full day today in lanzarote. Went on oyo tour to playa blanca. Weather fabulous 26c not a cloud in the sky. Sank a couple of beers and lunch in resort. Just setting off to tenerife now for departure tomorrow. Panto later, just like being on this forum lol. IMG_20221221_194630.thumb.jpg.c065188030a59a2189d72ab8ac4e1af4.jpgIMG_20221221_194630.thumb.jpg.c065188030a59a2189d72ab8ac4e1af4.jpgIMG_20221221_194630.thumb.jpg.c065188030a59a2189d72ab8ac4e1af4.jpg

IMG_20221222_154732.jpg

We quite like a panto ( oh yes we do ). We aren't on till 10th Feb. Can you ask them to keep it going?.

Hi Technoman, could you tell me how many formal/ celebration nights you have had please, we are on Azura shortly and it states 2 but our friend who was on it in October said they had 4 on their 2 week cruise, 

many thanks and safe journey home.

31 minutes ago, LLOM said:

Hi Technoman, could you tell me how many formal/ celebration nights you have had please, we are on Azura shortly and it states 2 but our friend who was on it in October said they had 4 on their 2 week cruise, 

Normally on a week cruise you will have two. On a two week cruise then four.

Thankyou carlanthony24

we we’re on the Iona in September for a two week cruise and we only had 2 formal/ Celebration nights but our friends said they had 4, 2 each week on the Azura so I was just wondering if that was the norm on Azura although in our cruise information it says 2 formal/ celebrations  for the full cruise. 
Many thanks again

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LLOM said:

Thankyou carlanthony24

we we’re on the Iona in September for a two week cruise and we only had 2 formal/ Celebration nights but our friends said they had 4, 2 each week on the Azura so I was just wondering if that was the norm on Azura although in our cruise information it says 2 formal/ celebrations  for the full cruise. 
Many thanks again

It is normal on P&O ships to have 2 formal/celebration nights per week except aboard Iona and I think the new Arvia who only have one per week.

2 hours ago, LLOM said:

Thankyou carlanthony24

Many thanks again

Yeah The newer ships like Iona and Arvia I have heard of only being one a week. Sometimes on the Caribbean cruises they advertise two-four and will end up maybe only having three because of the weather.

12 hours ago, LLOM said:

Two for 1 week and 4 for two weeks

I really hate to be negative but our disembarkation day did not go well. Cases were taken from outside room at midnight and my wife fell ill at 2am being sick every hour. Called duty nurse at 6am ans was told to pick up some anti sickness pills from reception cost £7. Also told we had to vacate room by 8am so not much time for meds to work. It was a close call whether my wife could get on coach fo a 1 hr transfer to tenerife south airport. Luckily after taking a second tablet at 8am she stopped being sick at 11am for coach at 12.15. The worry here was all our luggage was at the airport so if she could not travel i would have had to get luggage back and book a hotel locally for the duration of the illness. Basically you are on your own to sort stuff out. Bottled water is 1euro from vending machines at airport or 3.5 to 4.5 euro in shops. Got back to gatwick pretty much on time and through passport control easily then waited 45 mins for luggage and one case damaged so had to report at the global logisics desk. What a faff. Its been a long day. Overall we still enjoyed the holiday but not one of the best due to medical issues. If i can give anyone any advice its dont delay in getting medical help we felt they did a good job. Merry Christmas guys and happy cruising. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Technoman2 said:

I really hate to be negative but our disembarkation day did not go well. Cases were taken from outside room at midnight and my wife fell ill at 2am being sick every hour. Called duty nurse at 6am ans was told to pick up some anti sickness pills from reception cost £7. Also told we had to vacate room by 8am so not much time for meds to work. It was a close call whether my wife could get on coach fo a 1 hr transfer to tenerife south airport. Luckily after taking a second tablet at 8am she stopped being sick at 11am for coach at 12.15. The worry here was all our luggage was at the airport so if she could not travel i would have had to get luggage back and book a hotel locally for the duration of the illness. Basically you are on your own to sort stuff out. Bottled water is 1euro from vending machines at airport or 3.5 to 4.5 euro in shops. Got back to gatwick pretty much on time and through passport control easily then waited 45 mins for luggage and one case damaged so had to report at the global logisics desk. What a faff. Its been a long day. Overall we still enjoyed the holiday but not one of the best due to medical issues. If i can give anyone any advice its dont delay in getting medical help we felt they did a good job. Merry Christmas guys and happy cruising. 

Surely this was a package holiday and as such the sorting out if needed was P&O's responsibility. I had a similar problem in Singapore several years ago. In my case the onboard doctor said i could not fly for 48 hours so I got it in writing. They were not happy but provided a good hotel but never re-arranged the flight. i ended up with considerable financial compensation. 

IMO they just want to get rid of you, once you are off the ship they are not bothered any more.

• Thanks 1