Carnival Australia + masks

Hi, am cruising on the Splendor next week and was wondering if anyone currently onboard a Carnival ship, or who has done so recently in Australian waters, can tell me about the masks.

Am I required to bring my own masks?

Do they provide masks - for free, or sell them?

What is the standard mask any of you would suggest?

I looked on the Carnival website but couldn't find this information explicitly set out, so hoping someone actually there in the flesh might be able to pass on this information .

Thanks in advance

regards

ET

21 minutes ago, AnyoneHome said:

Am I required to bring my own masks? Yes, you will need a mask to enter the terminal and whilst boarding the ship.

Do they provide masks - for free, or sell them? Yes, for free

What is the standard mask any of you would suggest? N95

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, AnyoneHome said:

Hi, am cruising on the Splendor next week and was wondering if anyone currently onboard a Carnival ship, or who has done so recently in Australian waters, can tell me about the masks.

I looked on the Carnival website but couldn't find this information explicitly set out, so hoping someone actually there in the flesh might be able to pass on this information .

Thanks in advance

regards

ET

Just off Carnival Luminosa.  Bring your own masks.  I wore KN95.  If you are cruising to the tropics, you'll need a supply of masks as they get sweaty.   

On 12/12/2022 at 10:57 AM, AnyoneHome said:

Thanks in advance

regards

ET

I’m also travelling with Carnival soon and received an email with the following information below. As they are advising guests of the need to wear masks, I don’t believe there will be free masks onboard as the cost would be enormous, but I could be wrong.

“All guests will be required to wear masks in all indoor spaces (except when eating or drinking and in their stateroom), outdoors when in large congregate events where physical distancing cannot be maintained, during the entire embarkation and debarkation process, on buses and water shuttles (where applicable) and while indoors on any shore excursion.  KN95 masks are more protective and are highly recommended for wearing.”

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, LuckiePuris said:

I’m also travelling with Carnival soon and received an email with the following information below. As they are advising guests of the need to wear masks, I don’t believe there will be free masks onboard as the cost would be enormous, but I could be wrong.

“All guests will be required to wear masks in all indoor spaces (except when eating or drinking and in their stateroom), outdoors when in large congregate events where physical distancing cannot be maintained, during the entire embarkation and debarkation process, on buses and water shuttles (where applicable) and while indoors on any shore excursion.  KN95 masks are more protective and are highly recommended for wearing.”

I don't know if Carnival provide free masks, but Princess and P&O do. They are the simple 'surgical' type.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, LuckiePuris said:

I have just disembarked from Luminosa.  Passengers and crew wore masks..  KN95 most common.    

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

I don't know if Carnival provide free masks, but Princess and P&O do. They are the simple 'surgical' type.

On Grand Princess now. Unlimited supply of KN95 masks. However on Majestic a few weeks ago, only simple surgical type.

Carnival Australia where providing masks for free on all cruises since resumption. I took a couple on there first cruises back in early October. I would take enough for your party & length of time.

Carnival will reassess if mask wear will continue after Jan 1..

• Thanks 1