Dubai early disembarkation question

compman9

Appreciate some help with this, not getting anywhere with MSC.

Our cruise ends with two days in Dubai, and our airline's ticketing options only have availability on a half past ten at night flight. This would mean a full day with suitcases after disembarkation.

Can we leave the day before at around 7pm?

Thanks

The UAE cruises have some different T&C's applied to them. You can disembark from the time the ship docks till next day way up on the day, or way early if your flight demands. You'll need to empty your cabin but you'll be given plenty of time to leave the ship. Either way the Dubai authorities don't want people wandering inside either way port buildings or the airport. Please contact guest services during the cruise and they'll guide you. They'll have a pretty much permanent buffet set up from the time the ship docks to next sailing's sail away time.

On 12/13/2022 at 1:28 PM, compman9 said:

Appreciate some help with this, not getting anywhere with MSC.

Our cruise ends with two days in Dubai, and our airline's ticketing options only have availability on a half past ten at night flight. This would mean a full day with suitcases after disembarkation.

Can we leave the day before at around 7pm?

Thanks

It's entirely possible to leave the ship earlier than your scheduled time. You need to complete paperwork onboard to do so and ensure your account is fully paid. 

Have you considered luggage storage options. We've been to a couple of cities with similar a similar scenario and have placed our luggage in a storage space for the day. Lots of hotels etc offer the service. Store my bag dot com or something like that. 

On 12/13/2022 at 4:27 PM, Nunagoras said:

The UAE cruises have some different T&C's applied to them. You can disembark from the time the ship docks till next day way up on the day, or way early if your flight demands. You'll need to empty your cabin but you'll be given plenty of time to leave the ship. Either way the Dubai authorities don't want people wandering inside either way port buildings or the airport. Please contact guest services during the cruise and they'll guide you. They'll have a pretty much permanent buffet set up from the time the ship docks to next sailing's sail away time.

Thank you for the advice.

The problem is, I cannot leave this until I get on the ship. If they refuse my request to leave on arrival day, I won't be able to change flights to accommodate this.

I have spoken to MSC, and they have said in a very hard to understand accent, "it might be possible."

3 hours ago, compman9 said:

Thank you for the advice.

The problem is, I cannot leave this until I get on the ship. If they refuse my request to leave on arrival day, I won't be able to change flights to accommodate this.

I have spoken to MSC, and they have said in a very hard to understand accent, "it might be possible."

Ah, on arrival day? I was thinking you're talking the 2nd day, excuse me! As I said; you can exit from the time the ship docks. My group had a 9:00AM flight on the last day that meant we needed to go out of the ship by 5:00AM. We asked our cabin steward to not open the 3rd bed in cabin nor service the cabin by the evening once we had that moment to rest a little bit before the long night; went to the buffet at 4:00AM, then out of ship on our bus to the airport as appropriate. Exit at 3:00PM for a 7:00PM flight, no worries. They do it pretty much everyday on those sailings; you just need to inform GS of your needs!