Bonaire beach

saphir

This past March my wife and I booked a day pass for Ocean Osasis. Beautiful place with loungers, shade, and excellent service. However, the water entrance is very rocky. I skipped swimming that day, so not sure if there is a spot to comfortably walk in.

• Like 1

Last month, we [3 adults] took a taxi to Chogogo Beach Resort about 3 miles outside of town. For $25. pp [includes a $10 food credit] we had full access to their pools, lazy river floats, palm covered lounge chairs and access to a beach bar and food. Very nice & clean place, friendly staff, very good pina coladas and we opted to share a large tray of nachos with all the amenities. 

DH took his snorkel gear and entered the water to look at fish and coral formations - said he saw lots of them. Water shoes are a must in Bonaire. My sister and I did a few circuits on the lazy river with the supplied floating tubes and then hit the pool.  

We are seriously considering flying to Bonaire and staying on this property. Their evening beach BBQ and nightly entertainment looked very interesting. 

Darcy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/14/2022 at 8:38 AM, WatchHill said:

Last month, we [3 adults] took a taxi to Chogogo Beach Resort about 3 miles outside of town. For $25. pp [includes a $10 food credit] we had full access to their pools, lazy river floats, palm covered lounge chairs and access to a beach bar and food. Very nice & clean place, friendly staff, very good pina coladas and we opted to share a large tray of nachos with all the amenities. 

Darcy

How much was the taxi? I see you can't reserve a spot. What happens if they are full? I hate to waste a day. 

The taxi was $4. pp to the reosrt and $5 pp return to the ship.

When we were at the resort, it was not a busy tourist time and the beach area is huge, lots of trees and huts for shade. Their web site shows how large the waterfront is.  We were the only cruise guests using the resort.  As far as being too busy, maybe a phone call before you got a cab,  though I think they are very interested in presenting their property to potential guests and it would be a bad business decision to turn away anyone who wanted to use their pools. beach, and dining options. 

Darcy

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 7:54 PM, mdin said:

This past March my wife and I booked a day pass for Ocean Osasis. Beautiful place with loungers, shade, and excellent service. However, the water entrance is very rocky. I skipped swimming that day, so not sure if there is a spot to comfortably walk in.

Water shoes are recommended.  

• 3 months later...
On 12/14/2022 at 10:38 AM, WatchHill said:

DH took his snorkel gear and entered the water to look at fish and coral formations - said he saw lots of them. Water shoes are a must in Bonaire. My sister and I did a few circuits on the lazy river with the supplied floating tubes and then hit the pool.  

We are seriously considering flying to Bonaire and staying on this property. Their evening beach BBQ and nightly entertainment looked very interesting. 

Darcy

Did you have to make reservations ahead of time, or did you just hop in a taxi at the port and show up?

The resort did not take reservations.  Maybe check their web site or email in case policy has changed. 

At the port we walked to the street edge where many taxis were lined up.  For our return, the resort called a taxi.  It took about 20 minutes to arrive

Darcy