MSC Divina International charges

dvdisney

I can not find the thread that I read this on... Can someone confirm if our card will have international charges?

We sail out of Miami, to Ocean Cay and then Nassau.

I read that all onboard cc charges will go through France, but can't find that confirmation for the bank.

5 hours ago, dvdisney said:

I can not find the thread that I read this on... Can someone confirm if our card will have international charges?

We sail out of Miami, to Ocean Cay and then Nassau.

I read that all onboard cc charges will go through France, but can't find that confirmation for the bank.

MSC banking is from Geneva.  Our last year Divina we got international charges and this year just got off Meraviglia (Dec 11) our credit card already is shown with an international charges.

All changes on any MSC cruise will go through a bank in Europe (I am probably the poster who said France).

The initial cruise preauthorization request (and hold) will also be from the same foreign bank, so be sure your credit card holder knows that there will be a request from a foreign bank.

19 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

MSC banking is from Geneva.  Our last year Divina we got international charges and this year just got off Meraviglia (Dec 11) our credit card already is shown with an international charges.

No, MSC banking is from Paris, France. 

4 hours ago, Nikita4 said:

No, MSC banking is from Paris, France. 

If it is important for you to confirm and Wikipedia a good source of information.    My credit card came in as Geneva therefore regardless Paris as you said or Geneva I still have to pay it.  

3 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

If it is important for you to confirm and Wikipedia a good source of information.    My credit card came in as Geneva therefore regardless Paris as you said or Geneva I still have to pay it.  

I was four weeks ago on a MSC Ship and like all other times the bank was in Paris, France. I live in Switzerland, were is the Headquarter of MSC Cruises, but they work with a french bank, not a swiss one. So also international charges for me.
So no Wikipedia, sorry!