Boarding Pass

travellovers2

Is the only way to get the boarding pass through the navigator app? We have a cruise leaving on Dec 30, 2022. We can't see anything online about the boarding pass. We already downloaded and printed our luggage tags. We see that we need to fill out a health questionnaire on the 27th, but no mention of where to get the boarding pass. Will we be notified when it's available?

Thank you for your help! 🙂

25 minutes ago, travellovers2 said:

Is the only way to get the boarding pass through the navigator app? We have a cruise leaving on Dec 30, 2022. We can't see anything online about the boarding pass. We already downloaded and printed our luggage tags. We see that we need to fill out a health questionnaire on the 27th, but no mention of where to get the boarding pass. Will we be notified when it's available?

Thank you for your help! 🙂

Usually do not receive final boarding pass less than 14 days prior to sailing

9 hours ago, travellovers2 said:

Is the only way to get the boarding pass through the navigator app? We have a cruise leaving on Dec 30, 2022. We can't see anything online about the boarding pass. We already downloaded and printed our luggage tags.

After online checkin, my screen looked like that posted by @richwmn. I had the site send me the PDFs by email, as my laptop is not convenient to the printer. For both the legs of my B2B sailing 29 Dec (I did this Monday the 12th). There is no time on our boarding passes but I may have to print them without it as we start travelling a few days early! 

18 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

After online checkin, my screen looked like that posted by @richwmn. I had the site send me the PDFs by email, as my laptop is not convenient to the printer. For both the legs of my B2B sailing 29 Dec (I did this Monday the 12th). There is no time on our boarding passes but I may have to print them without it as we start travelling a few days early! 

You should have them before you leave.  Have a great Christmas and enjoy those cruises! Looking forward to haring about them and how you like the Koningsdam!

10 hours ago, richwmn said:

In the same place you printed your luggage tags you should see a button to press for boarding pass.

boardingpass.thumb.png.ad59b61811c1c0bc0a35193f9ceca22e.png

I printed a preliminary copy over a week ago for my Dec 22nd cruise.

We don't have that button, that's why I asked. usually we would see it. We do have the one for the luggage tag, which we already printed. Below that button, there is a grayed out box about doing the health assessment on Dec 27. 

I was just wondering because I see so much push for everything to be done on an app. Maybe we will see the button in a few days.

By the way, we already completed our online check in.

Thank you!!

Edited by travellovers2

I haven't read this whole thread; here's the thing, if you print out your boarding pass, wait until you've completed your health questionnaire; that's when the bar code that MUST be on the boarding pass is posted.  So check the boarding pass after you've completed your health questionnaire to see if the bar code appears, and print it after the bar code is on it.  You can print just that one page.

If you don't have a bar code on your boarding pass, tell the staff checking you in as soon as you get there so they can have someone print you a boarding pass with a bar code.  This is required to board the ship as the security crew has to be able to scan the bar code.

Edited by 12cruise2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, travellovers2 said:

We don't have that button, that's why I asked. usually we would see it. We do have the one for the luggage tag, which we already printed. Below that button, there is a grayed out box about doing the health assessment on Dec 27. 

I was just wondering because I see so much push for everything to be done on an app. Maybe we will see the button in a few days.

By the way, we already completed our online check in.

Thank you!!

Have you completed your check in? Could there be something missing as it won’t show until complete and all green checks. Otherwise to access that page, it is in the final tab on the upper right that leads you to the page where you can download them/ as others said where you printed your luggage tags, there should also be the print/email boarding pass.

26 minutes ago, Radbooks said:

Maybe try a different browser? I mostly use Firefox, but sometimes the website works better if I use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

Agree, try Edge. The entire HAL website hangs up more times than not (but sometimes works fine, go figure) on my Chrome. Tried just yesterday at a time it wouldn't let me "Manage My Bookings" in Chrome and it went right in with Edge. I gave up Firefox several years ago for the many sites it wouldn't load.

6 hours ago, Radbooks said:

Maybe try a different browser? I mostly use Firefox, but sometimes the website works better if I use Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge.

We always use edge. I logged in this morning and the boarding pass buttons are there now. The first paragraph says: 

Please note that your boarding pass on the next page is not yet final. We will update the lower left corner of your boarding pass with a personalized bar code that will greatly speed your check-in process at the pier. This is usually available approximately 14 days before the start of your cruise.

I guess we will see the bar code after tomorrow.

Thank you for all your help!! 

Looking forward to some much needed R&R. 😎 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, crystalspin said:

There is no time on your pass because it is too early to post it. Check it again about a week before your cruise and it should show up then.   

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2022 at 11:33 PM, crystalspin said:

Agree, try Edge. The entire HAL website hangs up more times than not (but sometimes works fine, go figure) on my Chrome. Tried just yesterday at a time it wouldn't let me "Manage My Bookings" in Chrome and it went right in with Edge. I gave up Firefox several years ago for the many sites it wouldn't load.

3 hours ago, madera1 said:

Look on the Navigator app as our boarding time appears there. Not sure if we can access boarding passes through this app

Yes - Chrome will not let me print the boarding pass or luggage tag but Edge works fine.

3 hours ago, madera1 said:

Look on the Navigator app as our boarding time appears there. Not sure if we can access boarding passes through this app

Yes your boarding passes will be in the app on the home page.  You can also find it in the app under account/wallet. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, lais said:

Yes your boarding passes will be in the app on the home page.  You can also find it in the app under account/wallet. 

Hi Lais!

You seem to know the Navigator app pretty well! This is my first time using it since it got so useful. Really since Alaska 2018 as I don't remember using it much on the TAtlantic in 2019.

We're about to go on a B2B and I can only "see" the first leg in the Navigator. Have you (or has anyone) figured this one out?

1 hour ago, crystalspin said:

Hi Lais!

You seem to know the Navigator app pretty well! This is my first time using it since it got so useful. Really since Alaska 2018 as I don't remember using it much on the TAtlantic in 2019.

We're about to go on a B2B and I can only "see" the first leg in the Navigator. Have you (or has anyone) figured this one out?

Probably because the ship returns to San Diego before cruising to Hawaii therefore it will reset in San Diego.  You won’t need a boarding pass for Hawaii since you are BtoB you’ll just receive an intransit card to get back on the ship.   I love the app for showing hour to hour events and being able to book shore excursions and much more 

• Like 1