Best parking Carnival Galveston

Mizzoupoodle123

Hi Sylvia, 

That sounds like a fun cruise!

Not only am I cruise agent, but I'm a native Houstonian. I've cruised four times out of Galveston. There is cruise terminal parking directly across the street from the terminal itself. This is the closest option, so probably the most convenient. There are various lots around town, and they all provide shuttle to the terminal, but I can't speak to the convenience of them because it varies depending on who you choose. Not only that, but for you to be traveling with your wheelchair, it may be a challenge finding one that can easily accommodate your chair. (I'm also a special needs agent, this is a common concern).

I'd recommend that whoever is driving your vehicle and has the ability to walk a fair distance should drop you and your luggage off at the terminal passenger drop off (porters will take your luggage from you right there at the curb), and then they can go park across the street, and walk back across to meet you where they left you at the terminal. Navigating that area of Galveston is really very easy, as it is small and has decent signage so you know where you need to go.

I hope you have a great time on your cruise, Happy New Year! 

• Like 1

Oh, I did want to also mention, if you are driving down the day before, and you choose a hotel in Galveston - many offer free parking and shuttle service with your overnight stay.

I recommend, if you have the time, take a few hours to really appreciate our little beach town. Take a drive to see the magnificent, historical homes and churches along Broadway (this is the main thoroughfare). Some of the other homes around town are interesting too, and a few have tree sculptures in their front yards (these are carvings made from some of the huge oak trees that were destroyed during hurricane Ike). I also suggest taking a walk on The Strand to visit the quaint shops / restaurants in what is considered 'downtown Galveston'. Even window shopping is interesting down there....most of the shops, bars, and restaurants exist in beautiful, Victorian era historical buildings. Galveston is rich with history and definitely has its own personality. It's one of my favorite places to be.

• Like 1

In May we used Falstaff Cruise Parking. Husband used a wheelchair. It is indoor parking, and as soon as we parked, the shuttle pulled up next to car, took luggage, and had a electric lift on side of shuttle for the wheelchair. They took us straight to ship, very easy!

• Like 1