Does Carnival offer unlimited soda plans for kids?

SweetCinNY

I haven't cruised on a Carnival ship since our honeymoon in 2006 (European-2 week)--divorced now 😅, just booked Venezia for this summer & will be traveling with my 14 & 16 year olds. Wanted to know if they offer an unlimited soda plan & if so if it would include Shirley Temples. (price?) Thanks. 

9 hours ago, SweetCinNY said:

Thanks so much; I'm guessing 12+ is an adult? 

Carnival's website doesn't specify an age breakout for this, I believe that  "child" is anyone below the legal age to purchase alcohol.

One problem with the Bottomless Bubbles package is that kids have to get their soda at a bar and most of the time they're ignored by bartenders in favor of adults purchasing drinks who will most likely leave extra tips.  

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SweetCinNY said:

No Shirley Temples 😞 

I don't agree.  I get them with my bottomless bubbles all the time 🙃  I just ask for Sprite  (which I know isn't Sprite actually, but can't remember which one they use lol) with a shot of cherry in it.

Another good one is sprite and Cranberry

Sprite and Pineapple juice

And the best - Sprite, Pineapple juice, with a shot of cherry in it.

50+ old that doesn't drink alcohol very much lol

• Like 3

13 hours ago, wemjam said:

Ordering for my sister; we both had Bottomless Bubbles:  "Cherry Coke Zero, please."  

"Oh, sorry, sir, we don't have that.  We DO have Coke Zero, though." 

....thinking....

"How about a Coke Zero with grenadine?"

"Sure, sir!  Here ya go!"  

😄 

14 hours ago, wemjam said:

I don't agree.  I get them with my bottomless bubbles all the time 🙃  I just ask for Sprite  (which I know isn't Sprite actually, but can't remember which one they use lol) with a shot of cherry in it.

Sierra Mist👍🏻

On 12/14/2022 at 10:40 PM, cruisinqt said:

The kids bottomless bubbles is $6.95 and adults is $9.95 per day.  It doesn’t include Shirley Temples.  

my kids get so many shirley temples with their bubbles that they started a running joke about how many they drank by the end of the cruise. It absolutely does include them in bubbles. My kids have gotten the package on at least 5 cruises. 

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 1:00 PM, wemjam said:

We don't pull any ordering trick. Just ask for a shirley temple. Not one bartender has ever said no or charged for it. Pepsi with a shot of grenadine and cherries works too. My daughter likes that.

20 minutes ago, cruizinisthebest said:

We don't pull any ordering trick. Just ask for a shirley temple. Not one bartender has ever said no or charged for it. Pepsi with a shot of grenadine and cherries works too. My daughter likes that.

Not really trying to pull any trick... just feel foolish (50+ year old) asking for a "Shirley Temple" lol!

That and I mostly get the Cranberry and Sierra Mist or the Pineapple/Sierra Mist with shot of Cherry and no other way to order those then to spell it out.😉

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, cruizinisthebest said:

We tried ordering a roy rogers. Bar tender didn't knew what it was. Had to give the recipe 😀 

On 12/16/2022 at 2:46 AM, Pellaz said:

They don't have Coke products anymore. It's Pepsi. Just not the same.

Ordering for my sister; we both had Bottomless Bubbles:  "Cherry Coke Zero, please."  

"Oh, sorry, sir, we don't have that.  We DO have Coke Zero, though." 

....thinking....

"How about a Coke Zero with grenadine?"

"Sure, sir!  Here ya go!"  

😄 

On 12/21/2022 at 8:04 AM, Ammico said:

My 16 year old got the kid price for bottomless bubbles, so I assume it is up to the age of 18?

Our kids are 15 and 17...wondering the same thing?

Can someone explain exactly how it works?  do the kids have a wristband?   Our last cruise was on R.C and they had to carry around a special cup all cruise, which was dumb.

Just now, thing said:

Our kids are 15 and 17...wondering the same thing?

Can someone explain exactly how it works?  do the kids have a wristband?   Our last cruise was on R.C and they had to carry around a special cup all cruise, which was dumb.

The soda package is assigned to your sail and sign card. On the celebration, my daughter would just scan her card at the soda fountain. They have small plastic cups they can use. 

On 12/15/2022 at 7:57 AM, groundloop said:

One problem with the Bottomless Bubbles package is that kids have to get their soda at a bar and most of the time they're ignored by bartenders in favor of adults purchasing drinks who will most likely leave extra tips.  

I don't think my kids or my father ever found that to be much of a problem, especially my kids.  They even had bartenders that got to know them and would already be getting them a soda when they saw them coming towards the bar.  My son when younger liked to find places he could hide out, bartenders and servers always knew where he was if we happened to come around looking for him.  

On 12/14/2022 at 9:53 PM, SweetCinNY said:

From the FAQ section of the Carnival Website:

Pre-Cruise and Onboard Prices: 

• Kids (17 years of age and younger): $6.95 USD per person, per day plus 18% service charge
  • Adults (18 years of age and older): $9.50 USD per person, per day plus 18% service charge 

You can find more info on the program there.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 7:57 AM, groundloop said:

I only had the Bottomless Bubbles on 1 cruise and it was such a pain getting a soda, it was the last cruise I ever got it.

After once or twice to the bar, the bartenders start ignoring you when they see you coming.

Saw kids ignored at the bar by the pool all cruise long.

Now the few ships that have the self serve machines it might be a worthwhile deal.

• 3 weeks later...

Now that I'm nearing 30, I definitely have no trouble getting served with sodas at the bar, but even when I was cruising while younger I never had too much of an issue. Much like a bar back home, you do have to still be trying to get the bartender's attention versus just sitting there waiting.

On 12/23/2022 at 8:59 AM, bguppies said:

I only had the Bottomless Bubbles on 1 cruise and it was such a pain getting a soda, it was the last cruise I ever got it.

After once or twice to the bar, the bartenders start ignoring you when they see you coming.

Saw kids ignored at the bar by the pool all cruise long.

Now the few ships that have the self serve machines it might be a worthwhile deal.

my wife had it on the last CCL cruise and had no problems getting sodas. She also tipped them a little bit every couple times she got a soda.

• Like 2