bringing wine onboard

hmorrow

9 minutes ago, hmorrow said:

Many lines allow you to bring 1-2 bottles of wine on board, at embarkation.  What is Cunards rule about this ?

As Cunard treat their guests as responsible adults, the Wine, Champagne, beer and spirits allowance is as much as one can carry, or by use of a handcart or trolley.

There is a limit posted in T&C, but never enforced.

Enjoy…..

Even a barrel!  This caused some amusement.

Edited by PORT ROYAL
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

As Cunard treat their guests as responsible adults, the Wine, Champagne, beer and spirits allowance is as much as one can carry, or by use of a handcart or trolley.

There is a limit posted in T&C, but never enforced.

Enjoy…..

Even a barrel!  This caused some amusement.

We considered bringing a double magnum [3 liter or so] bottle - only need to pay corkage once 😉

We thought better of that - did not know about serving and storing the large bottle [and a bit tall for my carry on].

Instead the big bottle was a fundraising prize for Mrs Bear's chorus. My carryon was filled with its usual wine bottles and socks [2 magnums of red & white, 2 bubblies & port]

9 minutes ago, TheOldBear said:

I did replenish a few bottles at port visits, and purchased some onboard. It would have been impractical to bring sufficient wine onboard for a 26 night sailing [even if there were no socks in the carryon 🙂 ]

I assume the socks are to prevent clanking, which is always for the best.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, techteach said:

We brought on 7 bottle in hand luggage for the Dec. 15 TA. I must admit I held my breath as they went through the scanner and I think she may have counted.

Security staff should be concentrating on looking for dangerous items, not monitoring stuff that is none of their business. They’ll be opening cases and demanding to count how many knickers you’ve got next.

• Haha 3