Encore Inside Room Bedding

Arkie01

We are considering booking an Alaska itinerary on the Encore for next Summer. This would be our first cruise and we will be traveling with two adults and two kids. I am wondering what the bedding is for Inside Staterooms that sleep 4. The Family Inside rooms specify that there are two combinable twin beds plus two pullman beds but the Regular Inside rooms just say the two combinable twins plus "additional bedding to accomodate one or two more guests". What exactly is the additional bedding? Do they bring in cots? Are there actually pullman beds in these rooms as well? The description is very vague so not sure what to expect. 

I apologize if this has been answered before. I searched the forums and could only find posts from many years ago and they had dead links, photos that will no longer load, etc. 

23 minutes ago, Arkie01 said:

The Family Inside rooms specify that there are two combinable twin beds plus two pullman beds but the Regular Inside rooms just say the two combinable twins plus "additional bedding to accomodate one or two more guests".

I haven't been able to figure out the difference between a family inside and an inside that sleeps up to four.  Marketing?

23 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I haven't been able to figure out the difference between a family inside and an inside that sleeps up to four.  Marketing?

noticed the same thing..i think family inside is just a marketing word to charge more money for a regular inside cabin. anything for extra money 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, reeinaz said:

Are they located closer to the kid's and teen's clubs?

Yes, that’s what “family” means, close to the kids clubs (we always booked family balconies, nit to be close to the clubs but we like midship close to the elevators/stairs).

29 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Yes, that’s what “family” means, close to the kids clubs (we always booked family balconies, nit to be close to the clubs but we like midship close to the elevators/stairs).

I have found them to be intermingled with "regular" insides all over the ships.  I don't think proximity to kid's clubs is a factor.

41 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

I have found them to be intermingled with "regular" insides all over the ships.  I don't think proximity to kid's clubs is a factor.

So what do you think the difference is? We’ve had family balconies on 4 NCL ships and were told it was designated as such due to location, there was no difference inside than any other balconies.

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

So what do you think the difference is? We’ve had family balconies on 4 NCL ships and were told it was designated as such due to location, there was no difference inside than any other balconies.

As suggested earlier in the thread, it appears to just be marketing.  I was comparing insides, but I also have seen no difference in balconies.  The floorplans I compared on one NCL ship are the exact same photos.  So, to answer your question, the only difference I can find is about $50 per person more revenue for NCL.  I suppose when it gets to the point where a ship can only be booked for guarantee fares (versus specific room selection), a person might be forced to select family to ensure there are enough beds for three or four people.  Who knows?

11 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

As suggested earlier in the thread, it appears to just be marketing.  I was comparing insides, but I also have seen no difference in balconies.  The floorplans I compared on one NCL ship are the exact same photos.  So, to answer your question, the only difference I can find is about $50 per person more revenue for NCL.  I suppose when it gets to the point where a ship can only be booked for guarantee fares (versus specific room selection), a person might be forced to select family to ensure there are enough beds for three or four people.  Who knows?

I think it depends on the ship, on some it’s mentioned close access to the kids clubs, others mention that many are connecting for larger families. https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/staterooms/inside

34 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

I think it depends on the ship, on some it’s mentioned close access to the kids clubs, 

You may be right.  That said, I've always found that NCL advertising some cabins as "close to whatever" is a bit silly.  Even the largest ships aren't that big and everything on the ship is "close" to every cabin. 

36 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

others mention that many are connecting for larger families. https://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/getaway/staterooms/inside

I just checked the deck plan for getaway deck 12.  It looks like there are just as many connecting regular insides as there are family insides, and most/all of those are indicated as sleeping 4 people.

I'm just not seeing any tangible difference between what is being sold as "family inside" versus regular inside.