Adding HIA After Booking

sue1898

We booked our Alaska cruise for next summer without HIA. Just received an email from HAL offering it for $50 pp per day. That’s much more interesting than the $99 price but can’t help but wonder if there will be more offers with even more reduced costs. What have you experienced? Thanks!

10 minutes ago, sue1898 said:

We booked our Alaska cruise for next summer without HIA. Just received an email from HAL offering it for $50 pp per day. That’s much more interesting than the $99 price but can’t help but wonder if there will be more offers with even more reduced costs. What have you experienced? Thanks!

It's never sold at  $99 - that is the stated "value" of the package and the going rate is $50/pp/pd. Sometimes they have offered it out discounted from there for reasons no one really knows. $45 came up a few times and then a number of quite discounted rates from there. 

My "theory" when they offer it at a much better rate than $50  or $45 is that the fare for your voyage/room is now reduced from your original booking and they equalize it out by offering you HIA at a rate such that you are paying the same rate as a new booking for your category with HIA included. Just a theory...

Yes, as rodndonna said the going rate is $50 per person per day.  We bought it for our B2B last month.  We are not big drinkers, so didn't feel it was really worth the $1400 we paid.  The included wifi was not very good.  Having $400 worth of shorex was nice, we were able to book those ahead of time & got what we wanted.  The specialty dining credit was ok, but they messed up our pre booked reservations, which was a bit of a hassle to get corrected.  HIA does allow you to pre book everything, which made it convenient. No way would I pay more than $50 per day.

1 hour ago, Banditswife said:

Yes, as rodndonna said the going rate is $50 per person per day.  We bought it for our B2B last month.  We are not big drinkers, so didn't feel it was really worth the $1400 we paid.  The included wifi was not very good.  Having $400 worth of shorex was nice, we were able to book those ahead of time & got what we wanted.  The specialty dining credit was ok, but they messed up our pre booked reservations, which was a bit of a hassle to get corrected.  HIA does allow you to pre book everything, which made it convenient. No way would I pay more than $50 per day.

I think we were on a segment of your B2B and our prebooked dining got messed up as well. We had Tamarind booked for day 6, but returning to our room at 5 on embrakation day, we received a notice for our booking that day at 5:30. We figured maybe they lost them all and just defaulted to the first available day and timeslot. Was not an issue to resolve but much more odd we are STILL getting reminders from the app for our Tamarind reservation still -  just yesterday we received notice we had a reservation at the Tamarind - lol. 

1 hour ago, rodndonna said:

I think we were on a segment of your B2B and our prebooked dining got messed up as well. We had Tamarind booked for day 6, but returning to our room at 5 on embrakation day, we received a notice for our booking that day at 5:30. We figured maybe they lost them all and just defaulted to the first available day and timeslot. Was not an issue to resolve but much more odd we are STILL getting reminders from the app for our Tamarind reservation still -  just yesterday we received notice we had a reservation at the Tamarind - lol. 

Lol, you better head to Tamarind for dinner.  We had booked Tamarind for our 1st segment, but they put us in Pinnacle at 5 PM on embarkation day.  It seems no one could help us with anything having to do with our 2nd segment.  Had to wait until Dec 3, to correct their mistake for Pinnacle.  We enjoyed Tamarind more than Pinnacle, but tried both using our HIA dining credits.

25 minutes ago, Banditswife said:

Lol, you better head to Tamarind for dinner.  We had booked Tamarind for our 1st segment, but they put us in Pinnacle at 5 PM on embarkation day.  It seems no one could help us with anything having to do with our 2nd segment.  Had to wait until Dec 3, to correct their mistake for Pinnacle.  We enjoyed Tamarind more than Pinnacle, but tried both using our HIA dining credits.

Hal can't see the second part of a B2B until a couple days before it happens in my experience.  Its so odd.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Florida_gal_50 said:

Hal can't see the second part of a B2B until a couple days before it happens in my experience.  Its so odd.

Last month we booked NA as a 14 day cruise.  The ship treated as two seven day cruises.  We couldn’t do anything for week two during week one.

The upside of that was we got four 5* star dinners instead of the two we should have received.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

Last month we booked NA as a 14 day cruise.  The ship treated as two seven day cruises.  We couldn’t do anything for week two during week one.

The upside of that was we got four 5* star dinners instead of the two we should have received.

Yes, that is the upside of that for sure.  If I've wanted to make specialty dining reservations I've been able to do that near the end of the first week.  I go to the reservations desk and since I dine almost exclusively at specialty I usually know a person or two there and they book me in.  I wouldn't try that over the phone though.