Reciprocal Benefits (Celebrity to Azamara)

Palms2Pines2Sea

24 minutes ago, Palms2Pines2Sea said:

Is this still a thing? We're Elite Plus w/Celebrity, looking at trying Azamara.

I called their customer service #, and spoke to a woman who "didn't know".

Hmmmm......

That's not a good introduction.

You are Elite Plus you will become Discoverer Plus unless something has changed that I am not aware of.

Related question - I've booked Azamara for the first time for March 2024. I'm currently Platinum in the Crown and Anchor Society. Logging into the Azamara cruise planner site, it says I was matched to the Explorer tier. Both levels aren't much, but some free Wi-Fi and a bag of laundry are still useful perks.

Given that sailing will happen after end of reciprocity, should I expect the match to hold or will it be rescinded?

1 hour ago, dabear said:

But after February 1, your status will remain. Future points will only be earned on Azamara or Celebrity respectively.

1 hour ago, IgKh said:

Related question - I've booked Azamara for the first time for March 2024. I'm currently Platinum in the Crown and Anchor Society. Logging into the Azamara cruise planner site, it says I was matched to the Explorer tier. Both levels aren't much, but some free Wi-Fi and a bag of laundry are still useful perks.

Given that sailing will happen after end of reciprocity, should I expect the match to hold or will it be rescinded?

You will only retain points and status on Azamara if you have sailed on Azamara (at least once) before February 1.  

If you are purely a Celebrity or Royal loyalty earner, you will reset to zero points and the lowest status level on Azamara.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

You will only retain points and status on Azamara if you have sailed on Azamara (at least once) before February 1.  

If you are purely a Celebrity or Royal loyalty earner, you will reset to zero points and the lowest status level on Azamara.

Yes that is correct.  And the other way around too.  If you’ve only sailed on Azamara and not celebrity, you’ll retain Azamara status but restart at the bottom with celebrity..

28 minutes ago, laurieb said:

Yes that is correct.  And the other way around too.  If you’ve only sailed on Azamara and not celebrity, you’ll retain Azamara status but restart at the bottom with celebrity..

But why would anybody care?    All those years never sailing on the good Celebrity, missing out on sailing with them now...  😉

• 2 weeks later...

We are discoverer level on Azamara and have never traveled on Celebrity. Thinking of going on a Celebrity cruise to lock in the level before the big break up February 1.

What  level would we be on Celebrity? And how does one go about “claiming” it. 

10 minutes ago, Gardendog said:

We are discoverer level on Azamara and have never traveled on Celebrity. Thinking of going on a Celebrity cruise to lock in the level before the big break up February 1.

If you are Discoverer on Azamara you are automatically Elite on Celebrity.  

You already have a Celebrity Captain's Club account – it's the same as your Azamara Circle acct.  Go on the Celebrity website and log on with your Azamara user name and password.  Your Captain's Club account should have the same number of points as your Azamara acct.  

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Shocked to find out that during COVID, RCCL sold Azamara to Sycamore Partners and that this purchase is this conglomerate's first foray into the travel industry. I hope this is going well...our trip to Iceland this August will be telling. But losing a parent company like RCCL has probably made some operations and provisioning a little bit tougher.

2 hours ago, shadowrider said:

Shocked to find out that during COVID, RCCL sold Azamara to Sycamore Partners and that this purchase is this conglomerate's first foray into the travel industry. I hope this is going well...our trip to Iceland this August will be telling. But losing a parent company like RCCL has probably made some operations and provisioning a little bit tougher.

Actually the freedom is worth any loss along those lines.  No more RCG beancounters telling Azamara what they can and can't have.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Actually the freedom is worth any loss along those lines.  No more RCG beancounters telling Azamara what they can and can't have.

Pesky beancounters are legion everywhere it seems - I just read the Forbes' article from last summer and it sounds like they are building on Azamara's niche. So I hope you're right and will share some optimism! Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2022 at 3:27 PM, Gardendog said:

Celebrity will carry over your reciprocal loyalty status and points from Azamara after February 1 even if you’ve never sailed on Celebrity—but the reverse is not true. You have to have completed a voyage on Azamara before February 1 in order to retain any reciprocal loyalty status and points from Celebrity.

Check out the FAQs at the bottom of this page: https://www.azamara.com/loyalty/azamara-circle/transition

1 hour ago, Chot50s said:

Celebrity will carry over your reciprocal loyalty status and points from Azamara after February 1 even if you’ve never sailed on Celebrity—but the reverse is not true. You have to have completed a voyage on Azamara before February 1 in order to retain any reciprocal loyalty status and points from Celebrity.

Check out the FAQs at the bottom of this page: https://www.azamara.com/loyalty/azamara-circle/transition

Thank you. Still have never tried Celebrity, but it would be nice if the loyalty status with Azamara carried over.