Canceling our cruise in April (Howto)

kse709

We are not going on our cruise in April, and since their no way to cancel online, can we just not make the final payment in January, and all is good? I booked by our Carnival personal planner, but he will not let us cancel by email and wants us to call him. I really not interested in calling to explain why I have to cancel. What are our options? Note: Down payment was only $100 so I really do not care about losing that.

Thank you for your time.

If you’re willing to lose the $100, you could just not make the final payment and your cruise would be cancelled.  In your planner you can find out what the cancellation fee would be, depending on what rate you booked. Look under booking and order details. I thought you could also cancel on-line.  But you could also call the main Carnival number and cancel with them.  You should not have to tell them your reason for cancelling.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, kse709 said:

We are not going on our cruise in April, and since their no way to cancel online, can we just not make the final payment in January, and all is good? I booked by our Carnival personal planner, but he will not let us cancel by email and wants us to call him. I really not interested in calling to explain why I have to cancel. What are our options? Note: Down payment was only $100 so I really do not care about losing that.

Thank you for your time

You can cancel online. Go into your information and click cancel it will tell you the penalties etc(unless it's been changed)

Your pvp is probably trying to work with you that is what they do.

Your PVP is probably wanting to at least try to move your deposit to a future cruise, so it is worth the phone call. But if you are dead set on cancelling and never sailing Carnival again then go ahead and just ignore the final payment date and about 2-3 days after final payment it'll be cancelled on its own.

• Thanks 1

You absolutely CAN cancel online....

Manage > My Booking > Booking & Order Details > Scroll down...View Invoice Details > Scroll down... View Cancellation Info > Cancel My Cruise

But I agree with others.  IF you plan to sail Carnival ever again your PVP can probably get that $100 moved for you.

Edited by jsglow
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, jsglow said:

You absolutely CAN cancel online....

Manage > My Booking > Booking & Order Details > Scroll down...View Invoice Details > Scroll down... View Cancellation Info > Cancel My Cruise

Well, that was hard to find, Thank you so much.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kse709 said:

Well, that was hard to find, Thank you so much.

Companies always make it easy to book / sign up online, but very hard to find or don’t even offer the ability to cancel online. They want you to call so they can try to talk you out of cancelling. Luckily cruise lines aren’t as bad as the cable company. 😀

• Like 4