Reservations for onboard shows

14 minutes ago, mets123 said:

It varies by ship , show, and date. They are starting to let you book some shows in the cruise planner effective 1/1. Ice and water shows still need reservations. You can usually just walk in for the fly in entertainment.

Can you tell me where this is listed? I thought this was the case also. I have a cruise booked for Dec.29 on Oasis, it now states that all shows are sold out. This is very disappointed since we were also told that you could not book until you got onboard.

25 minutes ago, foodsvcmgr said:

Also curious about how this currently works for Liberty OTS with Key program?

Currently Liberty is doing 3 and 4 night cruises.  If you're on one of these short cruises, they do NOT take reservations for any of the shows.  First come, first served, with doors opening about 40 minutes prior to show.  I went to both the ice show and "Up in the Air" held in the theater.  At neither show did I see any crew member with The Key paddle reserving priority seats.  But since I was there at door opening, I got seats that I thought were great.  These are my show experiences from Liberty 12/12-12/16.  I was on Liberty in November and no reserved seating in theater for matinee of Saturday Night production, but got seats I was happy with.

I mention The Key paddle as the week prior, with reservations on Harmony, I arrived 45 minutes prior to show, checked-in and was directed to a crew member holding good seats for the aqua show.

Edited by PWP-001

1 hour ago, kermit 38 said:

Can you tell me where this is listed? I thought this was the case also. I have a cruise booked for Dec.29 on Oasis, it now states that all shows are sold out. This is very disappointed since we were also told that you could not book until you got onboard.

For Allure cruising in January we booked shows by signing into our RC account and going to My Planner.  This was 2 weeks ago.  We were not able to book on the app. The app said they were not available.  Not sure where you were looking so I hope this helps. 

We found on the Wonder for Thanksgiving some shows would show sold out, but then have open slots the next morning for the times we wanted.  Keep in mind all the shows have a standby line which opens up about 15-20 minutes before show time for any open seats.  I recall on Wonder if you had a reservation you were to be there 30 minutes prior and at 15-20 they opened up for anybody in line.