Number of passengers on the Jewel

1 minute ago, AtSeaAlways said:

You might see a light load on an oddball transatlantic - I saw one recently -9 days at sea no break.  

First, the OP isn't the one who said  they were onboard with 800.  They saw it on a post on a YT video by someone who supposedly was on after it came back to PC.  Second, by "came across", they said they came across the video, not that they came across on the ship.  Please actually read the entire thread.

Edited by BND

Under that YT Video a Poster said this 6 days ago:

Topofthelinet 6 days agoI just got off this ship 2 days ago. I was incredibly disappointed by Royal Caribbean. It's a very nice renovated ship. The ships capacity is 2700 and we had 800 people, you would think it would have better service.        So I asked a CC Member that was on that Sailing if they heard how many passengers were on that Sailing. They responded: "At the Top Tier Event the Captain said the ship was completely full & half of the cruisers were Crown & Anchor members"   

Edited by ONECRUISER

14 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Under that YT Video a Poster said this 6 days ago:

Topofthelinet 6 days agoI just got off this ship 2 days ago. I was incredibly disappointed by Royal Caribbean. It's a very nice renovated ship. The ships capacity is 2700 and we had 800 people, you would think it would have better service.        So I asked a CC Member that was on that Sailing if they heard how many passengers were on that Sailing. They responded: "At the Top Tier Event the Captain said the ship was completely full & half of the cruisers were Crown & Anchor members"   

I just went back to confirm what I saw last night and this is the post I see.  Where did the part about the CC member come from?  There is no "read more" after this quote:

I just got off this ship 2 days ago. I was incredibly disappointed by Royal Caribbean. It's a very nice renovated ship. The ships capacity is 2700 and we had 800 people, you would think it would have better service. The restaurants were not very good. I highly recommend getting off at Port and exploring. Chopped was pitiful, I had better steak at Outback and when the manager was told about the food he replied with "we will leave it at that"... Izumi was great, the mailing dining room alright. The ship also has steam and sauna which is completely free and great after the gym.
Edited by BND

1 hour ago, BND said:

I just went back to confirm what I saw last night and this is the post I see.  Where did the part about the CC member come from?  There is no "read more" after this quote:

I just got off this ship 2 days ago. I was incredibly disappointed by Royal Caribbean. It's a very nice renovated ship. The ships capacity is 2700 and we had 800 people, you would think it would have better service. The restaurants were not very good. I highly recommend getting off at Port and exploring. Chopped was pitiful, I had better steak at Outback and when the manager was told about the food he replied with "we will leave it at that"... Izumi was great, the mailing dining room alright. The ship also has steam and sauna which is completely free and great after the gym.

That is more in line with what I read as well. The food I don't worry so much about since we're still experiencing issues after the pandemic even here at home, so I give them a break on that. I just didn't want a ghost ship feel over the holidays, but it seems that is not going to be the case.

2 hours ago, BND said:

I’m pretty sure there are two different quotes.

One quote came from the YT commenter “Topofthelinetommy” who claimed there were only 800 passengers on a recent sailing.

The other quote came from a CC member known to Onecruiser.  That CC member provided the info from the top tier event saying the ship was full with so many C&A members

Of the two reports, I certainly am more inclined to believe the report from the CC member for three reasons.  As a retiree living near Port Canaveral, I watch prices.  Had a cruise been that undersold, the prices should have been very low for last minute bookings with abundant cabin options, yet I did not see that.  Secondly, CC members would likely have reported such an empty ship, as we have not experienced that for well over a year now.  Third, the crew would have been talking about the low passenger count on that sailing, so passengers just before and after would have heard about the unusual event (from full one week to nearly empty the next week  to full again the week after), yet that has not been reported.  Just some rando commenter on a YouTube video who dined at “Chopped”

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jimbo said:

So many experts on this thread on passengers counts. It's amazing.

You mean those of us that have actually been onboard in the last month and a half since she returned from Europe?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

I’m pretty sure there are two different quotes.

One quote came from the YT commenter “Topofthelinetommy” who claimed there were only 800 passengers on a recent sailing.

The other quote came from a CC member known to Onecruiser.  That CC member provided the info from the top tier event saying the ship was full with so many C&A members

Of the two reports, I certainly am more inclined to believe the report from the CC member for three reasons.  As a retiree living near Port Canaveral, I watch prices.  Had a cruise been that undersold, the prices should have been very low for last minute bookings with abundant cabin options, yet I did not see that.  Secondly, CC members would likely have reported such an empty ship, as we have not experienced that for well over a year now.  Third, the crew would have been talking about the low passenger count on that sailing, so passengers just before and after would have heard about the unusual event (from full one week to nearly empty the next week  to full again the week after), yet that has not been reported.  Just some rando commenter on a YouTube video who dined at “Chopped”

They both start with the same user name.  There also were only two comments on the video.  One was just a couple of words.

1 hour ago, BND said:

They both start with the same user name.  There also were only two comments on the video.  One was just a couple of words.

OK, I’ll try to explain my interpretation to the two quote again. 

One quote is from a YT video comment.  Now stop looking at the YT comments.  

The other quote, I believe, is a fresh quote, never before published.  I believe it was solicited by Onecruiser from a contact who sailed a B2B at the appropriate time.  That person attended the top tier event and is a fellow cruise critic member.

Now go back and re-read Onecruiser’s post and hopefully you will understand him.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

and I see the mystery continues................ just how many were onboard.... nobody knows..........

We may not know the exact number.  We do know you cannot believe everything you read.  When some random person posts an absurd number in a comment on a YouTube video, don’t believe it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

When some random person posts an absurd number in a comment on a YouTube video, don’t believe it.

Which is why I decided to come here and ask you folks. Thank you all for your replies. We are looking forward to our cruise and some warmer weather.  🙂

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

OK, I’ll try to explain my interpretation to the two quote again. 

One quote is from a YT video comment.  Now stop looking at the YT comments.  

The other quote, I believe, is a fresh quote, never before published.  I believe it was solicited by Onecruiser from a contact who sailed a B2B at the appropriate time.  That person attended the top tier event and is a fellow cruise critic member.

Now go back and re-read Onecruiser’s post and hopefully you will understand him.  

Did you or did you not  post a post from the YT video?   Same user?  Totally different than what I saw.  Confused.   The other quote was from where?  ???  Same poster?  

Edited by BND

Maybe someone at top tier misunderstood the number of CAS on board announced at top tier versus the total passenger count. 

On the Nov 13 sailing the LA announced the total by saying "1,108 members on board" meaning that was the CAS population on board which is typically in the ballpark of around 50% of the total guest count.